Wish me luck, please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got home about 6pm. Got started late. I didn't talk to him after surgery, but the wife did. Worse than expected. Took longer than expected. Partial thickness tear turned out to be a full thickness tear. (I'm thinking I may have finished it off since the MRI.) Arthritis in the joint was much worse than anticipated. MRI did not indicate any atrophy, but he said there definitely is some. He said I may still have to see a neurosurgeon. I have follow-up visit with him in two weeks. I'm typing one-handed because the block has not worn off yet. Thanks again for all the prayers and well wishes! It means a lot and definitely helps!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
THEY LIE!!!!!!!

DONJOY.jpg

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL! No, it's not a joy but, hey, I'm doing great! Surprisingly little pain so far. It was a whole lot worse than he anticipated when he got in there. One of the nurses who was in the O.R. (I've known her for over forty years) told me today 'he really worked you over.' She could not believe how little pain I was having.
The worst part about that immobilizing sling is I've even got to sleep in it for six weeks! I'm pretty sure I did not have to do that with the other shoulder. I see him again on the 17th and will start PT about that same time. He did (regrettably) tell the wife he thought I still might need to see a neurosurgeon for my neck. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Thanks for asking, Terry, and thanks everybody for all the prayers! I know now I got a lot of them, and they do work!

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
NO FAIR! I didn't get no stinkin' T-shirt!

View attachment 239983

It was supposed to two or three incisions. Instead, wound up with five.

View attachment 239984

I see the surgeon Thursday, and should get PT started after that. Boy, I am READY!
Go empty the swear jar into the savings account , you are fixing to need some more room!! Keeping you in my thoughts!! Those PT peeps are sadists LOL.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go empty the swear jar into the savings account , you are fixing to need some more room!! Keeping you in my thoughts!! Those PT peeps are sadists LOL.

Thanks! How well I know. BTDT, but I'm anxious to get started re-building this shoulder and arm. I'm really unhappy how much atrophy has occurred.

Latest posts

Top Bottom