Wish me luck, please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll make this the Cliff Notes version, 'cause it's a long story. I see an orthopedic surgeon Monday morning about my left shoulder. It started hurting me a full month ago, made a trip to the ER, had an X-ray and finally an MRI. I've already had surgery for a full-thickness rotator cuff tear on my RIGHT shoulder. The MRI on my left one shows a partial-thickness tear of the rotator cuff, a significant loss of cartilage, some bone spurs, and quite a bit of fluid build-up. I don't know what they do for partial-thickness tears or the cartilage loss, but I'm hoping it's not a repeat of what I went through with the right shoulder. That was no fun whatsoever! SO, please wish me luck and, if you're the praying kind, I would certainly appreciate your prayers as well! The pain level at times gets up there to about an 8 or 9. I have opioids I can take (due to back issues), but I really don't like to take them. I've been suffering through with quantities of acetaminophen and the occasional opioid (limiting myself to no more than one a day), but I can't keep this up forever. Something's gotta' give!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man I hate to say this, but your road ahead is a tough one. I had to watch (and help) my wife through shoulder surgery and the painful post-surgery rehab. All I can say is take the pain meds they give you and don't take shortcuts with the rehab regimen, because you'll need it to regain full use of your shoulder.

Prayers sent for you man!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember the rehab from my right shoulder quite well. I was cautioned by a number of people to stick with the PT no matter how badly it hurt. It did! And, I did! Regardless! I am happy to say that I regained nearly 100% mobility. I really don't want to go through that again, but it is what it is!

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember the rehab from my right shoulder quite well. I was cautioned by a number of people to stick with the PT no matter how badly it hurt. It did! And, I did! Regardless! I am happy to say that I regained nearly 100% mobility. I really don't want to go through that again, but it is what it is!
You can do it! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom