Wished I had my dogs hearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our mini Aussie can hear someone walking a dog by on the street 75 feet from the front door of our house. Doors and windows all closed, TV on, a/c running. Evidently the dog is convinced we are being invaded by zombies and goes nuts.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They do hear well and the sniffers are excellent also.
I went deer hunting years ago with a friend and I washed my clothes in some special hunters scent free soap and we sprayed down with some scent blocker spray.

I walked through grasses and around trees to a spot that looked good and found a tree to climb up into and sit on a branch.
it was 1.5 hours later and I spot 3 dogs about 400 yards off in the distance.
They followed my trail to the T.
I never used any more scent blocker type stuff. I will keep my money in my pocket instead.

If you want scent blocker make a smudge fire just before you go into the woods and walk around in the smoke.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sitting here on the couch in the living room, dog is back in the bed room asleep with mom. I open a twinky rapper and here she comes. I can barely hear the crackle of the wrapper in my hand but she can hear it 60 foot away in her sleep. Amazing...
When my daughter was 2 years old, she had hearing like that anytime I opened a food container. LOL

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our mini Aussie can hear someone walking a dog by on the street 75 feet from the front door of our house. Doors and windows all closed, TV on, a/c running. Evidently the dog is convinced we are being invaded by zombies and goes nuts.
My Corgi is like that. Over sensative radar ears and of course, she sets off the other two early warning devices

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think I would want to be able to hear that well unless I could somehow turn it off and on.

If I could hear as well as a dog I would be on high alert with every little sound in the neighborhood I live in.

Back when there was someone here at the house most of the day we had a little alarm dog to let us know if someone was outside. It worked very well and was good to have but now that I live alone I don't like leaving a dog all by itself all day at times.

Latest posts

Top Bottom