Without further ado, it's here!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never mind its a Double Stack, some people love the mod 'grip zone' some hate it. I like it don't care much for "grip zone" sounds corny. The only issu I have XD mod 2 is the tolerance of the mag inside the magwell it has enough play on the pinky grip ridge that it annoys me. But is sure is an accurate little turd.

Gonna need to try the M&P version.

Last edited:

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the original Xd, own 2 of them never had problems with them.

My XD was a piece of **** ... ejection problems, rusting, seems like there was something else, too, but it was so long ago now, I don't remember. Wound up sending it back. They sent it back and apparently had fixed everything I'd had trouble with but by then I had moved on to Glocks. I sold it to an OCPD officer who worked with me at the range.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My XD was a piece of **** ... ejection problems, rusting, seems like there was something else, too, but it was so long ago now, I don't remember. Wound up sending it back. They sent it back and apparently had fixed everything I'd had trouble with but by then I had moved on to Glocks. I sold it to an OCPD officer who worked with me at the range.

I have never had a problem with my Xdm, Xd or mod 2 (although it's had maybe 200 rounds though it)

But the other two I have a few thousand though them with no problems, some people love them some hate them..... I guess it's like anything occasionally they pump out a turd at the factory. Personally I like them as much as glock, Ruger, or M&P....not quite the fit and finish of a Germa Sig, Kimber, or Italian Beretta ......

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would imagine they are like everything else some good some bad,if I had had those problems I wouldn't want one either.

Yep. Mine was one of the very first ones to hit the market. I'm really "sensitive" about grip angle, trigger, blah, blah, blah ... I get used to a gun and I don't like change. Especially when I am using it for conceal carry. By the time the factory got it back to me I'd just gotten used to the Glock. Kevin was really happy to have the refurbished one. He knew what problems I'd had with it because he'd heard me cussing about it. Far as I know it never malfunctioned on him.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
XDs or XD Mod 2 ....didn't see if this was DS or SS

I forgot about the XD series. It's a double stack list. Oops... you'd caught that already.

Re: the XD conversation.

I don't like the original XD at all. Ugly and awkward proportions, and never cared for the way they shot. The XDm was a different story. If that had been the original release, I might have really liked it.

I was just getting into polymer guns when the M&P and XD were hitting the market, and I've never been an early adopter of anything, so I bought a Glock 19. Which I still have, and still shoot well. The M&P has proven itself a solid gun at this point, and with the M2.0 I'm very interested. Especially with a G19 competitor!

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot about the XD series. It's a double stack list. Oops... you'd caught that already.

Re: the XD conversation.

I don't like the original XD at all. Ugly and awkward proportions, and never cared for the way they shot. The XDm was a different story. If that had been the original release, I might have really liked it.

I was just getting into polymer guns when the M&P and XD were hitting the market, and I've never been an early adopter of anything, so I bought a Glock 19. Which I still have, and still shoot well. The M&P has proven itself a solid gun at this point, and with the M2.0 I'm very interested. Especially with a G19 competitor!

I carry the XD Mod2, or the M&P 9 (it has a thinner profile because it's SS) , I was considering a Sig Sauer P320 compact .....but after dropgate I am very hesitant to purchase one....maybe a P225 or. H&K USP compact, now I may take a look at this M&P 2.0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
High bore axis that caused way too much muzzle flip. There is a reason you don't see anybody shooting XD anything in USPSA matches.
The M&P, or MP(military police) as some may call it, has a low bore axis and with an Apex trigger upgrade puts it solidly into an entry level competition pistol.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned an M&P full size and an M&P Compact for 7 years and like them both but I carry the compact daily. I am a little dubious about a "compact" that is only slightly smaller than a full size. Unlike YG, I do not have an issue with the 9c's size/proportions and I've always thought it was excellent for carry as is. I'll keep an open mind but both of my legacy M&Ps work just fine so I may wait a while to buy (I also drive a 16 year old pick up so you can see I'm not a slave to having the latest).

Latest posts

Top Bottom