WM masks again?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went into a Walmart here in Scottsboro, AL this morning and one of the ladies at the entrance was asking folks if they wanted a free mask. Like others here, I noticed that the employees were back to wearing them. We happened to go back in this evening, and while the employees were wearing masks, they didn't offer any masks that I saw.

Most of the customers were maskless. I think there is now resistance to the masks, and the wife was wondering if one reason folks weren't taking a lot of jobs was because the employers were requiring masks for their workers.
People would rather draw unemployment than work of course. $1200 offering to people that will go back to work doesn’t even seem to be working out.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It isn’t Walmart but Albertsons. Two days ago zero folks wearing masks in the store.
Today 60% wearing masks. Why? Do they trust the CDC that has been proven wrong so many times or do they like this idiot David Hogg who claims to be a survivor of the parkland school shooting when he wasn’t even there saying he will continue to wear a mask outdoors to prove he is not a conservative? Is a mask now a sign of political affiliation?
Studies keep coming out saying masks may actually be detrimental, yet biden says mask up.
The hill I’m willing to defend is the mask BS.
it will be a cold day in hell before I wear one.
I've walked through the mandatory check points at the VA hospital in OKC where masking is a requirement. After a small discussion,they were informed that requirement put me into a panic mode causing me to hurt people in the process of panic attacks. then walking through the checkpoint without being challenged.
The fawking government has flip flopped so many times that the American public has lost all faith in their decisions. They continue to flounder with this latest decision. The CDC is a political joke.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People would rather draw unemployment than work of course. $1200 offering to people that will go back to work doesn’t even seem to be working out.
Of course people want money they didn’t work for.
That policy has small business struggling for help when it wasn’t an issue in the past.
How do we fix this issue?
Shut off the sugar money or keep destroying small businesses that are the backbone of this country?
I need some information here on what is right.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess many didn't get the memo since it happened on the weekend? Long story short, breakthrough cases, fully vaccinated people are getting infected and carry the same viral load as unvaccinated people so it's back to mask along with being vaccinated. There are also reports of vaccinated people being hospitalized and dying.

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...n-delta-vaccinated-breakthrough-mask-guidance
https://news.yahoo.com/cape-cod-covid-outbreak-upended-001440268.html
https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021...i2tHV5M55UGDEIBpqS-Ykspehk90bCnaDK7C27O2s7WK8
https://ktul.com/news/nation-world/..._KeshORyKzfClkR9IvOR9f5IS_XkeE8AdGGy3DE9aIue0

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the mask stand on saturday when I went to the local walmart, thought well crap here we go again. All the employees had masks on,

I have a feeling my employer will start that mask crap again.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course people want money they didn’t work for.
That policy has small business struggling for help when it wasn’t an issue in the past.
How do we fix this issue?
Shut off the sugar money or keep destroying small businesses that are the backbone of this country?
I need some information here on what is right.
Shut off the sugar money! Jobs are lout there. There are signs for help wanted all around here. There is a small diner that is shutting down one day a week because of lack of help. The owner says it may be 2 soon. The 7-11 by my house was **** down for awhile the other day due to no one showing up. They did have a policy that 2 people had to be there at once but it appears that went out the window. Taco bueno was closed at 6:30 the other night due to no help.
If they shut down everything again due to this crap, I seriously don’t see many small businesses around here surviving. There has already been a few mom and pops diners and shops around here shuttered including the iconic Ann’s Chicken Fry on 66 down the street. It’s really sad.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tossed all mine. We got a shipment of about 15 per month from the company during the heavy masking times. A bunch of the ones I tossed had never been worn. A whole bunch.

I’m not masking back up. If it requires a mask to enter, I just won’t enter. I’m all done with that ****. I think normal, reasonable people are done with it too, but I still think everyday precautions are practical and prudent. You know, things people that aren’t asshats should have been doing all along.

Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, unless you were raised by wolves. If you’re sick, don’t go out. I don’t want whatever you’ve got that made you ill. Don’t be a horse’s ass, if you’re sick stay home until you feel better. Nobody wants your sickness. Even if it’s a cold or the flu. I sure as hell don’t want it if it’s the flu. I’d rather have the Wu flu.

But, I’m done with the masks. If that means I gotta stay home, then I gotta stay home. I ain’t putting on another mask.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stay calm...This will pass. Just continue living your life and try to avoid getting all worked up over minor issues. I went in Walmart yesterday, the greeter said something about they recommending everyone wear a mask, and I waved, said I didn't have one, walked on to get my purchase, paid, walked out and never thought about it again until this thread..

Latest posts

Top Bottom