WMA hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was just there today. Hit up the range and stomped around looking for sheds. I always enjoy going, it’s nice to have it so close to the city.
Do you need ODWC permission? I know you need land owner permission to collect them on private property. Aren't they the land owners?

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the exact verbiage is something like “you’re free to pick up sheds, as long as they are not attached to the skull cap”
You are correct with the fact that antlers attached to the skull plate are not legal to take from the WMA, shed antlers are legal to pick up now.

OkieRampage

New to the site!
Reaction score
I’ve only been to Lexington WMA (mainly since it’s close) and I hardly see squirrels. I’ve never seen a rabbit! But I’ve seen deer, turkey, pigs, dove, coyotes, & bobcats. I have an amazing time every time I go. Whether or not I see/kill anything!
I was selected for a controlled hunt in November. Never been to Lexington WMA. Do you have any pointers for me?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was selected for a controlled hunt in November. Never been to Lexington WMA. Do you have any pointers for me?
I heard someone on here one time say that consistency and willpower is the key to getting a deer at Lexington. Gotta go out deep into the place away from where everybody else goes, and put some time in. I don’t hunt deer, but every time I go out there I see tons of them.

OkieRampage

New to the site!
Reaction score
I heard someone on here one time say that consistency and willpower is the key to getting a deer at Lexington. Gotta go out deep into the place away from where everybody else goes, and put some time in. I don’t hunt deer, but every time I go out there I see tons of them.
Unfortunately time is not on my side for the hunt. It is a 1 day hunt lol. I'll get there every chance I can to scout but who knows how things will be day of.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately time is not on my side for the hunt. It is a 1 day hunt lol. I'll get there every chance I can to scout but who knows how things will be day of.
Every thing changes when the hoards of orange shirts invade the woods. The deer will follow their trails deep into the WMA.
If there are creek crossings, they will funnel there.
Be where you want to be before the orange hoards invade. Let those that walk 100 yards from their truck push them towards you.
don’t be part of the crowd that drives them toward others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every thing changes when the hoards of orange shirts invade the woods. The deer will follow their trails deep into the WMA.
If there are creek crossings, they will funnel there.
Be where you want to be before the orange hoards invade. Let those that walk 100 yards from their truck push them towards you.
don’t be part of the crowd that drives them toward others.
Lexington is the opposite. The roads are in the WMA and the deer are pushed out. They move to private land surrounding it. The key is watching these right of ways and being patient enough to sit there. I've seen does at daybreak at 650 yards, then a buck at 75 yards for about 4 or 5 minutes. The biggest kicker to the controlled hunts there is, you must kill a doe before you kill a buck. And they never show up in range in that order lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom