WOKA... New Whitewater Park in NE Okla

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Starts in 2023.

The Grand River Dam Authority and the City of Siloam Springs, Arkansas are collaborating to bring a new, national-caliber whitewater adventure park to the Upper Illinois River in the Ozark Mountains. Philanthropic support from the Walton Family Foundation provided funding for the design and construction of the park.
WOKA Whitewater Park will feature heart-pumping wave action for kayakers, surfers and tubers of all skill levels. Relax and enjoy the serene beauty of nature on a stand-up paddleboard or watch the action from the waterfront spectator seating.
Currently under construction in Oklahoma near the Arkansas border, WOKA will be a best-in-class whitewater park featuring a 1,200-foot long, 100-foot wide side channel off the Illinois River with eight drop-features for an unforgettable experience.WOKA is expected to draw 85,000 visitors each year and provide $900,000 annually in new tourism dollars.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
News 4 said it's free, only pay to park. visitwoka.com

1625091122278.png

Last edited:

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sounds like a lot of fun, especially that “eight drop features “ part. Haven’t had any of my kayaks in the water for a while, even longer since I did any whitewater stuff.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They showed it on the News6 news last night. From what I gathered, the dam is a problem (maybe in some disrepair?), and this was a creative solution to it. They said it may be the only man-made whitewater course that's actually carved into the bedrock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom