Woman Pushed Bear Off Fence

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the lady did what she thought was right. She did a great job. She didn’t act timidly nor did she harass the bear by poking it with a stick or throwing stuff at it. She charged at it when the bear was most vulnerable, balanced on the ledge. Then, bam! She shoved it hard knocking it backwards. Violence of action. You can bet the bear wasn’t expecting that. Plus all those yapping dogs and her own cubs. If it was me I’d have sacrificed the dogs. They are just animals. I don’t form emotional attachments to them. You can always get another one at the pound. If it had been my grandchildren, children, neighbors, etc. sh*t woulda gone down.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She didn't have time to think. She just acted. She "neutralized" the threat then rounded up and secured her loved ones. We all should respond in like manner to an imminent threat.

Woody
She is very fortunate the bear didn't latch onto her hand and drag her across the fence.

As mentioned, it was a gutsy move, but I can't say it was a smart one.
:drunk2:

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She is very fortunate the bear didn't latch onto her hand and drag her across the fence.

As mentioned, it was a gutsy move, but I can't say it was a smart one.
:drunk2:

She didn't have time to decide smart or dumb. The bear obviously tried to snatch on to her. She had injuries to a hand. Fingers only maybe. It could be said that she acted on instinct, but I'm not sure if that was her driving force.

Woody

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I was three at the time ...

Woody

I don't remember my exact age. But mom told me of me getting lost while out camping and everyone around looking for me. When found and asked what I was doing, I showed my rubber knife and said I was bear hunting.

I am STILL bear hunting, only this time it is with a camera.

And yes, I have pretty strong telephoto zoom lenses.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't remember my exact age. But mom told me of me getting lost while out camping and everyone around looking for me. When found and asked what I was doing, I showed my rubber knife and said I was bear hunting.

I am STILL bear hunting, only this time it is with a camera.

And yes, I have pretty strong telephoto zoom lenses.

I recommend carrying a 45-70 for a backup, though. :50cal:

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom