Woman's College Softball

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it weren't for the chanting in softball, I'd say I like watching it more than baseball. The chanting keeps me from going and watching softball in person lol.
That used to drive me insane at my nieces games. Baseball it starts dying off pretty early, softball not so much. I think there's a clear reason for it, but I'll leave it at that.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That used to drive me insane at my nieces games. Baseball it starts dying off pretty early, softball not so much. I think there's a clear reason for it, but I'll leave it at that.
That "chanting" is more like choreographed dances which really turned me off when first saw it. Do they have practice then work on their dugout moves? Cheering on the batter or shouting at the pitcher is cool but not doing a line dance. I'll still go watch a couple of games in OKC just may have to turn my hearing aids off!

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Havent been in the Sports subforum in quite a bit. Very surprised there isn't any talk of it since the two OK schools have had great seasons so far and OU's girls are killing it. Started watching softball 3-4 years ago and the first season my wife gave me a hard time over it. The last two years she's totally into it. So much better to watch than the men's teams doing their thing. Don't have a lot to say on the whole softball topic but was very interesting to hear a sports caster (can't remember for the life of me who it was or the show) but they said that the OU womens softball team this season is the single greatest sports team in sprots history. They were eluding to the fact the team with its talented players, how they win/finish their games, their strength of schedule, etc, etc. In my honest amatuer softball opinion, it's hard to argue against the statement. Anyways, looking forward to the Regionals, Super Reginals and WCWS. for the next 3-4 weeks. If you haven't watched any of it I recommend you doing so.
The all time win streak doesn’t hurt either….as they are currently on a 48 game winning streak …..

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the softball a lot.

I like the chanting, I like the enthusiasm. That's what makes it fun for me. I'll watch every single game of the WCWS, and I'll enjoy every single game.

They just look like a bunch of little girls out there, which they are. It's great. I love it.

When I was playing fast pitch back in the early 80's on weekends, it was a business. We had fun, but it was work. It was serious, and our sponsor spent tons of money on our team. He didn't pay for us to go lose. If you weren't good and didn't pull your weight, you got cut. He was paying for us to win. I really enjoy watching the girls. They're having a blast, and I love it. Besides that, they play really good ball.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You old fuddy duddys and your dislike for the chanting, cheering and shinanigans!?!? I actually like it. As I said in my OP, the aforementioned antics, for me, make the game much more enjoyable to watch than what the mens baseball offers. The men's baseball announcers are terrible for most teams. Several old, dried up, unenthusiastic, boring guys giving next to zero color commentary. Makes the games almost unwatchable. THe womens games are 100% different and so much better.

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it weren't for the chanting in softball, I'd say I like watching it more than baseball. The chanting keeps me from going and watching softball in person lol.
When I was a kid our baseball fields were across from the softball fields. The softball team chanting was annoying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom