Women, can't live with em....can't live without em.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've spoke with Rocky on this too and agree with the above except I don't see where he'll need the rear hydraulics but everything else yes.. I also said hydrostat is a MUST along with 4wd..
You'll also want to stay like pre 2017 or so to avoid the emission change.. My Kioti CK 40 was bought new and while I'm happy with performance and ability I could do without the emissions change.. You might point out to mother that tractors hold value pretty good..So $ spent is not $ lost and as I said somewhere else My tractor and I are damn near a super power when combined.. It makes a man SO much more capable.. Or even a grand daughter.. If ya need help bro I got more pics with the wife and kid operators..
The reason I suggested rear hydraulic is for some of the implements available that require them. Our brush hog hitches to the drawbar using hydraulics to raise and lower. The 6’ disk does the same. I scour farm auctions for used implements. Those that use hydraulics sell pretty cheap because most compact tractors don’t have the hydraulics to support them and they are too small for bigger tractors. 😀

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The reason I suggested rear hydraulic is for some of the implements available that require them. Our brush hog hitches to the drawbar using hydraulics to raise and lower. The 6’ disk does the same. I scour farm auctions for used implements. Those that use hydraulics sell pretty cheap because most compact tractors don’t have the hydraulics to support them and they are too small for bigger tractors. 😀
I knew that, my Kioti came with 1 set of rears and I'll likely never use it.. I just tried to access Rocky's needs and future use.. Many of us would stick a Barret 50 in the safe but it's not needed and use would be very little if any.. We man like our tools and toys even my wife will confirm such..

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a kubota mx5100f----it is a good tractor simple to maintain good power. it is so light in the ass that i added beet juice to both rear tires to add weight and i still needed to add the maximum amount of pankake weights. the loader is easy to remove and works nice but it won't lift 2000 pounds and is unsafe anyway because it will tip over. the three point is flimsey and easily broken and doesn't handle a box blade very good. hydraulic flow is minimal but pressure is ok. it didn't come with rear remotes or a third function valve but can be added for a few thousand dollars.
Old phrase I recall is you buy tractors by weight, your comment comes as a surprise as I thought the MX series were a step up.. My CK is the smallest frame Kioti has then comes the DK in frame size.. I've got the largest hp for the frame size of 40hp.. My tires are not filled and I often wish they were as I've had it on 3 legs many a times.. I've got countless hours on many pcs of equipment so It's not as un nerving for me as it would be for others.. I have steered him away from JD E series because of weight and the aluminum trans axle, away from massey because of Hyd's.. I see actual need of 30-40 hp with FEL and 4x4, plus hydrostat is like an auto in cars so we love it, brush hog, box blade and he should be set and ready.. If he's gonna fence maybe a post hole digger, I borrowed the neighbors.. If he's going lumber jack and going to make firewood a living LOL, then rear remote/s for the log splitter.. If getting livestock a hay spike, if building a range fill the rear tires as the box blade/ counter balance gets in the way build berms taller..

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i would have spent much less money and had a better tractor if i would have bought an older 2020 john deere or maybe a 3600 ford tractor. i am sure that some other models would be just fine also. my mx 5100 is just to light,i am always spinning the rear tires because they are just barely touching the ground. the three point lift has been rebuilt once because the cover cracked from box blade use.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
John deere 4520 with 400x quick attach loader! 45pto horsepower

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/5/6/1562-john-deere-4520.html

713B48FC-94B0-417C-B0E8-776C19490E5C.jpeg

Bought mine in fall of 2005. Have used it to plow, disk, plant, rototill, mow grass, brush hog, cut, rake and bale hay, grade and plow snow with a rear blade.

9 times outa 10 the loader is used to lift something with a chain or strap.

I am glad I got the earlier model before the horsepower jump because of fuel efficiency. I only wish that the economy pto option was available when I bought mine.

Tires are not loaded, but have 2 wheel weights on each rim, 1 inside and 1 outside.

12/12 power reverser gear transmission!
No way would I want a hydrostat on a tractor!

There was a 4120, 4320, 4520, and a 4720 in the series.

The 4720 was hydrostat only! Thats why I bought the 4520 :)

Last edited:

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Ford 3000 with a loader and a 3600 both diesel, about 45hp and around 4000 pounds with no added weight. Bought the 3000, 17 years ago and the 3600 6 years ago when the wife was wanting to help me mow. Only major repairs was a new clutch in the 3600 which I did with a couple friends help.

I agree with most of what has been said, you will find uses for a loader you never dreamed of, mine is my muscle when I need to pick up, move or load anything heavy.

I added rear remotes on both completely worth it if you don't do anything but add a hydraulic top link. In my opinion the top link is a must have, right up there with the loader.

I can sell either tractor today for what I paid for them,probably more if they went to auction.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Easier to ask forgiveness than permission...
lol
I am divorced also however it was her idea to let me retire my old JD riding mower and upgrade to a zero turn articulating tractor mower with hydrostatic drive. She even found it used online for a great price and showed me. A $6500 JD that I paid $2700 for and it was used less than 20 hours.
She felt bad I was always wrenching on the old one I guess.

Latest posts

Top Bottom