Women, can't live with em....can't live without em.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can never have enough HP nor hydraulics on a tractor.
Hang in there buddy and fight for one with a front loader, PTO, 3 point, 4wd and rear hydraulic with 35 HP diesel or more for a great utility tractor. The front loader is a must have.
You will regret anything less.
I've spoke with Rocky on this too and agree with the above except I don't see where he'll need the rear hydraulics but everything else yes.. I also said hydrostat is a MUST along with 4wd..
You'll also want to stay like pre 2017 or so to avoid the emission change.. My Kioti CK 40 was bought new and while I'm happy with performance and ability I could do without the emissions change.. You might point out to mother that tractors hold value pretty good..So $ spent is not $ lost and as I said somewhere else My tractor and I are damn near a super power when combined.. It makes a man SO much more capable.. Or even a grand daughter.. If ya need help bro I got more pics with the wife and kid operators..

Attachments

• IMG_20171216_143355.jpg
    IMG_20171216_143355.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 20210723_202408.jpg
    20210723_202408.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If she wants to decide what you are going to use to do what you need to do, flip it around and tell her she can get anything she wants to do those jobs that need to be done and YOU will direct HER with with ever she picks out she would like to use to get them done. Otherwise, ---- Just Saying.

I should prob add, I have divorced more than once, so take that in consideration with my opinions.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not sure if you’re really looking for tractor advice, but since others have shared their opinions, I’ll share mine. I’ve owned quite a few tractors and still have 4 and a skid steer. My recommendation is to get at least a 40 hp, and like Mr Hoddy said, definitely buy a size bigger than you think you’ll need. A front end loader is a must have, and I would also recommend a grapple for it. Hydrostat is nice but not a must have in my opinion, but I agree that 4 wheel drive definitely is. Personally, I wouldn’t get anything with a cab, but they are nice at times. If you’re looking to buy used, I wouldn’t look at anything with more than 500-600 hours.
My tractor I keep at my OK house is only 2 wd and does nearly everything I need done but not quite everything, so I’m having to take a 4 wd up to mow an area that I haven’t been able to get to in over a year.
This is the load I’m hauling next week.
249297E3-EBB0-44DC-AC9B-551CAF93321E.jpeg

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have a kubota mx5100f----it is a good tractor simple to maintain good power. it is so light in the ass that i added beet juice to both rear tires to add weight and i still needed to add the maximum amount of pankake weights. the loader is easy to remove and works nice but it won't lift 2000 pounds and is unsafe anyway because it will tip over. the three point is flimsey and easily broken and doesn't handle a box blade very good. hydraulic flow is minimal but pressure is ok. it didn't come with rear remotes or a third function valve but can be added for a few thousand dollars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom