Wood spool shooting bench

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this as perfect, simple and awesome as it seems? Any reason not to if I have access to a very nice older spool that's been out of the weather?

IMG_3341-700x875.jpg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Do not leave it un-protected water sealer , whether paint , deck sealer ... whatever. I had one I used as a picnic table that worked great. Just used Thompsons water sealer and it lasted 3 years until I found a glass top table to replace it. It is now a planter........ Believe that one had maters and banana peppers.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this will be a springtime project. Shouldn't take but a "few minutes" to convert.

I wonder if getting it a few inches off the ground would be beneficial? Might help keep it steady if you triangulate 3 feet by using railroad ties cut to 4-6" and bolt one foot under each seat post then one up front and center.

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get these for free when I want, thought about doing that to one as I'd seen it last year but they have a lot of nails and staples in them and afraid of what it would do to my saw blade, I've got a couple now that we just use for tables in the back yard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom