Wood-stocking a marlin XT-22tr; need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know there's a lot of smart guys on OSA, so youse guys chip in here and gimme some advice. I have a blued Marlin XT-22tr (tube fed) with a butt-ugly black synthetic stock. I put a Simmons 3 X 9 X 40 scope on it and the rifle is a dang tack driving son-of-a-gun. I mean, it is just plain flat-out accurate! However, in order to mitigate the butt-ugliness of it, I ordered a purty wood stock from Boyds, the Pro Varmint in Royal Jacaranda, for it that should be here in another week or two. I understand I need to get a replacement trigger guard and screws since the one on the synthetic stock is integral to the stock...somebody help me out here and point me in the right direction please? Once the stovk comes in, I will post up before and after pics, of course. Why? because we all know: If there's no pics, it didn't happen.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DIP, Inc. sells just what you need. (Diversified Innovative Products--they make trigger guards, and the necessary screws, for many .22's, including your Marlin.)

Last edited:

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
MM - I just got back on this post; the wood stock from Boyd's hasn't shipped yet, but according to their website, they supply a trigger guard. I looked at the DIP web site and yeah, that's a real good looking item there. Reading up on this topic in Rimfire Central and the Marlin Owners Forum, I don't think I am going to get a trigger guard from Boyd's; I think that is a mistake, but we shall see. I'm going to give Boyd's a call to tomorrow to see when my stock will ship and to clarify the deal on the trigger guard. The one from DIP looks like the one I will end up with on this project. My plan is to "slick up" this rifle and give it to my grandson for his birthday.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well surprise, surprise, surprise! The new Pro Varmint stock in Royal Jacaranda from Boyd's arrived today and IT DID come with a trigger guard. My stock screws from the OEM synthetic stock fit just fine and the look and feel of this rifle is totally changed, yep, changed for the better. It dropped right in, no problem. I ordered up a brown Montana Sling for it today from Brownells and it should be here in a few days, then this project is complete. So here you go, before and afters:

Latest posts

Top Bottom