Wood Stove Pipe Installer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to finish up our remodel in Bristow area and running into dead ends trying to hire the right person (certified) to install a new vent pipe on our wood burning stove. We had to move its location about 8' and need a new vent pipe run from where it will sit on the new hearth in the corner of the room straight up to near where the ceiling goes up at an angle up to where it meets the ceiling connections. No new ceiling/roof penetrations needed.

Do any on you know a person that is capable of doing this type of work? Would prefer a "certified" person do this work for insurance purposes. We are of Hwy 16 about 8 miles N/W of Bristow. Willing to pay extra for travel but jsut need to get this wrapped up asap. Gotta a name and number I can call. Tried several already up in Tulsa area and once i send pics of what i need done they ghost me. What say you?

Wood Stove.jpg

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wish I could help you. I installed my stove and pipe myself in my cabin at Bristow, but I built mine out of structural steel pipe because I didn’t want to have to deal with it rusting out and having to replace it. Glad I did too, being as you are having this much trouble finding a certified installer in the area.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you saying you are going to use the existing ceiling penetration and just need it piped in at the stoves new location. Are you using double wall from stove to ceiling. A couple 45's and a little more pipe leaving required distance from combustibles .

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I installed my own wood stove there was not any specific set rules and I called the fire station
and asked them and found out there was no set rules.
I did make a steel box that went up through the ceiling and 4" on all sides away from any wood or combustibles.
Metalbestos pipe was used.
Looks like yours goes up then turns and goes through the outside wall.
There are out the wall wood stove kits.

I will say this I had the metalbestos pipe and flames licking out of the top of the chimney
and the exterior of the pipe was room temperature.
I was never worried about a fire with it.

That was my only heat source for 2 years back in the 1990's when I lived in spencer and I burned anything but tires and railroad ties in it.

Sold the house and removed the stove and pipe and the pipe was shiny inside :)

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I installed my own wood stove there was not any specific set rules and I called the fire station
and asked them and found out there was no set rules.
I did make a steel box that went up through the ceiling and 4" on all sides away from any wood or combustibles.
Metalbestos pipe was used.
Looks like yours goes up then turns and goes through the outside wall.
There are out the wall wood stove kits.

I will say this I had the metalbestos pipe and flames licking out of the top of the chimney
and the exterior of the pipe was room temperature.
I was never worried about a fire with it.

That was my only heat source for 2 years back in the 1990's when I lived in spencer and I burned anything but tires and railroad ties in it.

Sold the house and removed the stove and pipe and the pipe was shiny inside :)
His goes through the ceiling. you can see it hanging down to the left where the stove was originally. I think the wall has AC ducts.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would say there are no standards for installing a wood stove, chimney. Each manufacturer has a standard on heat rating, distance etc. Mechanical code book also has information on safe installation. All the components have the information on safe parameters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom