Wood Stove Pipe Installer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Trying to finish up our remodel in Bristow area and running into dead ends trying to hire the right person (certified) to install a new vent pipe on our wood burning stove. We had to move its location about 8' and need a new vent pipe run from where it will sit on the new hearth in the corner of the room straight up to near where the ceiling goes up at an angle up to where it meets the ceiling connections. No new ceiling/roof penetrations needed.

Do any on you know a person that is capable of doing this type of work? Would prefer a "certified" person do this work for insurance purposes. We are of Hwy 16 about 8 miles N/W of Bristow. Willing to pay extra for travel but jsut need to get this wrapped up asap. Gotta a name and number I can call. Tried several already up in Tulsa area and once i send pics of what i need done they ghost me. What say you?

View attachment 294968
I have a friend that is certified and installs but heck I live in Idaho. Certified is way to go especially if there is a fire and insurance gets involved. Good luck and Hope you find someone soon.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I installed mine thru the ceiling making sure it didn't touch any wood anywhere. Mine was I think triple wall stainless steel and awkward since I was the only person installing it. I used it 11 years and never had any problems whatsoever and had no problem with any insurance carrier. When the fireplace was running hot, I could touch the pipe and it wasn't even warm. However, stainless pipe isn't cheap.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chimney exhaust piping.
If you want to do it yourself, I'd check with the insurance agent about what they recommend.
I'm hearing a lot of folks that work on chimney's are saying stainless steel liners are required within the chimney.
I don't know if that's an upsell gimmick or the truth.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fireplace retail shops and contractors can't help?
I tried a couple in Tulsa. One gave me the last recommendation that seemed promising and that guy ghosted me. The others said they only install what they sell with stoves. Won't send out their install crews to just do exhaust vent piping on existing stoves.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried a couple in Tulsa. One gave me the last recommendation that seemed promising and that guy ghosted me. The others said they only install what they sell with stoves. Won't send out their install crews to just do exhaust vent piping on existing stoves.
Have you researched Masons that build chimneys or chimney sweeps in your area? If they can't do the job, they may have a recommendation?

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I installed my own some 35 years ago using the stainless steel Metobestos pipe. No problems. I usually use a brush on it every fall to remove creosote. Stove runs at about 500-600 degrees and you can touch the outside surface which is only warm to the touch. I think the recommendation is 2" space from a combustible surface.

Bealzybub

Marksman
Reaction score
I've been installing wood stoves, Pellet stoves and decorative gas appliances since I was 19 and I'm 62 now. Really not much I dont know about it so I can help any way I can. Ask away or ?!?!?!?!?! I'll check out what travel is from SE Oklahoma. My simple advice would be; Dont guess, do it/get it done correctly. You say you're in "Bristow"? Is that Oklahoma?

Latest posts

Top Bottom