Working from home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We were directed to work from home yesterday. I am blessed to have a job that will allow this. I stopped by Office Max yesterday and bought a 32" monitor. I could get use to this!

Anybody else told to stay home from work?

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The question I have is this. If you were you’re boss, would you pay you for the amount of work being accomplished at home versus at work? I had a difficult time staying productive at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The question I have is this. If you were you’re boss, would you pay you for the amount of work being accomplished at home versus at work? I had a difficult time staying productive at home.

I was given the option and elected to come to work. So did one of my direct reports. The other is teleworking 2 days a week. His work assignments are exactly the same and so long as he gets it done, should I care?

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty fortunate to have a full studio at home to work from. Corporate hit me with a mandatory two week quarantine when we get home from Colorado. Could just use PTO and go fishing, but all the lakes in my neck of the woods are apparently closed. Guess I'll do my work and save those water days for later this year.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm actually more productive at home and able to work the full amount of days available at home because of that

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
So all of you would keep yourself on at the same rate of pay if the only option was working from home? When I did it for a while I kept getting distracted. Maybe some of you guys screw off at work so much it doesn’t have an impact. [emoji12]

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So all of you would keep yourself on at the same rate of pay if the only option was working from home? When I did it for a while I kept getting distracted. Maybe some of you guys screw off at work so much it doesn’t have an impact. [emoji12]
SQUIRREL!

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have actually passed up 3-4 possible promotions because it would require going back the office for 2ish years. I've been doing this for 5 years now and just can't really imagine going back to the real world and working from the office. The time saved, gas, etc definitely negates the raise. Plus I work tons of OT so that really helps.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I was given the option and elected to come to work. So did one of my direct reports. The other is teleworking 2 days a week. His work assignments are exactly the same and so long as he gets it done, should I care?

Nope. If you were paying them for the expected work and it was completed timely, I wouldn’t care. Interesting concept to me since I used to teach some time management and productivity classes. I realize it’s more popular now than when I retired 9 years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom