Working from home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. If you were paying them for the expected work and it was completed timely, I wouldn’t care. Interesting concept to me since I used to teach some time management and productivity classes. I realize it’s more popular now than when I retired 9 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
When I worked from home, I found that I was putting in more hours and being more productive than when I was in the office. IE: checking that email at 9pm, opening one that required action--and getting deep into it and not being able to get out of it until 11pm.......... Stuff like that was pretty common. Unfortunately.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
When not traveling, I've been working from home for about 50% of my working life. It's a double-edged sword; I can be extremely efficient since I'm not interrupted by office colleagues dropping-by but if it's a crappy weather weekend I feel drawn to my home office.
The major perks are no commuting; no dress code; flexible start-stop times, reduced vehicle use, etc.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're transitioning my team to work from home beginning tomorrow. It'll be a challenge to monitor the progress of 9 direct reports, but somehow I'll survive, with my feet up and laptop in my lap.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been self-employeed and working from home for just over 7 years now. When business has been slow, I've looked into getting an office job a few times. Every single time I am EXTREMELY happy when my business picked back up so I didn't have to do that. Not only because of the income coming back, but because I just really don't want to go back to working for someone else, on their terms, on their timelines. Currently, I get up anywhere from 6 am to noon, and work anywhere from 5pm to 2 am (or later). The thing is, I get my required amount of work done when needed. I may force myself into a few overnighters, but that the choice I make. Much better than sitting in traffic twice a day and dealing with other people.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're transitioning my team to work from home beginning tomorrow. It'll be a challenge to monitor the progress of 9 direct reports, but somehow I'll survive, with my feet up and laptop in my lap.
we are about to do the same. And as you said, in my comfy cloths. feet uup in the recliner and laptop in my lap lol...probably drink a beer with lunch.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I'm not traveling to a client site or a delivery center I work from home. I've been doing so for the better part of 20 years and I actually accomplish more and work longer hours.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well I just heard that my workplace may close for a few weeks. I don't have the option to work from home and no paid leave so no income for a while if they do close.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I just heard that my workplace may close for a few weeks. I don't have the option to work from home and no paid leave so no income for a while if they do close.

Now that sucks! Hope it doesn't come to pass! IIRC, they were working on waiving the waiting period to apply for unemployment if you're impacted by the pandemic. Might want to check on that!

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unfortunately my wife and I don't have that option, we have to go to work to get all you sick people your prescriptions. We are probably going to close our doors tomorrow and do drive up or delivery only. Darn sick people keep coming in!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Now that sucks! Hope it doesn't come to pass! IIRC, they were working on waiving the waiting period to apply for unemployment if you're impacted by the pandemic. Might want to check on that!
Unfortunately at this time I am not technically an employee. I'm getting paid like a contractor so unemployment of any kind is probably not going to happen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom