Working on the Garand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This normally lives toward the back of my safe, sadly enough. It's a post-war Springfield Garand from around '54 if I'm reading the charts correctly. S/N is 53991XX. It was originally purchased through the CMP in the early 90s by a family member. I still have the $165 receipt for it. It arrived with a WWII Winchester stock but I decided that someone restoring a WWII WRA Garand needed the stock worse than I did. Dlbleak picked up a different stock from a fellow OSA member so it wears that now. Turned out pretty well. The only thing it needs now is to be fired.

Attachments

• IMG_6105.JPG
    IMG_6105.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_6106.JPG
    IMG_6106.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_6107.JPG
    IMG_6107.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 176

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still got the WRA stock?? I could use an original stock with intact markings.

And that's a gorgeous stock you have! Beautiful, straight grain. Ought to be quite strong. What are the markings on the barrel?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still got the WRA stock?? I could use an original stock with intact markings.

And that's a gorgeous stock you have! Beautiful, straight grain. Ought to be quite strong. What are the markings on the barrel?

Thanks, Todd. The WRA stock shipped out this morning after a good showing on eBay. This Garand is one you've seen and measured before. Somewhere around here I have your notes on it.

Attachments

• IMG_6115.JPG
    IMG_6115.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 148

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nice work, it really looks good. $165 dollars is amazing, I was looking last night and the cheapest they had was $895 with 2 days left in the auction. You are a lucky man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom