World’s largest airplane. It’s being built by a billionaire. It’s getting ready to fly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-to-fly/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.76f931f21888
It would be the world’s largest airplane. It’s being built by a billionaire. And it’s getting ready to fly.
by Christian Davenport April 16 at 1:26 PM

AJSYVHM7SE7HVDDVSLHYIDL2NU.png

Last edited:

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll say up front that I am NO aeronautics engineer or know the slightest about designing planes, but IMHO it would seem very beneficial to make the tail section into a twin boom version rather than the two separate tail sections. I would think that this would greatly reduce the metal fatigue to the center section of the plane's wing(between the left & right fuselage parts of the plane). I would think that if there was loss of power by all engines(either right or left side) that the plane would be very hard to fly/control and the drag by the lost power side would put quite a bit of strain on the powered side.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking this is an advancement of an old Burt Rutan design...Boomerang was asymmetric, I guess Bi-pod in 2011 was his last design before retirement and the basis for these. Pretty neat.

yabob

Marksman
Reaction score
Right! That big open space is for a spacecraft. Same as that Virgin Galactic design. The idea is to avoid a big, expensive, one-time first stage rocket booster. Hope this works out!

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Duz yuz thinks that Ivan, not to be out dunsky, woulda put tuz of deez tugetter to make a bigger/better Stratolauncher????????????? :saywhat: :uhh: :scratch::wink2: :rollingla :rollingla

Latest posts

Top Bottom