worlds largest carbon capture plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seen two today.
Back when I was making sales calls I met a fellow working at one of my customers in Broken Bow, Oklahoma. He grew up north of Garden City, Kansas.

He and I got to talking and he relayed to me the first years living in Broken Bow he just didn’t feel right. He finally figured out he had claustrophobia from all the trees. Not much in the ways of trees north of Garden City.

Met a fellow at a customer’s place in Lubbock, Texas who said he hated trees so much; he had one in his front yard and cut the SOB down. It was blocking his view!

If you have ever been to Lubbock, you would know there isn’t much in the way of trees anyhow.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i think pumping C02 into formations as tertiary recovery of oil has been working for many years. but i also think that capturing C02 and pumping it into the ground doesn't remove it for very long because it comes back to the surface. but carbon capture is a science of wealth transfer and control more than it is climate science. question---- what if removing CO2 from the atmosphere causes some kind of global atmospheric event?
Exactly, trees and plants convert CO2 into useful items like wood, bamboo, compost or clothing fiber. They won't convert the C02 into a fossil fuel (although a company in England is trying that.) Converting it to Dry Ice or a liquid is only swapping one problem for another potential one. Also one must use some form of energy to do this.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I was making sales calls I met a fellow working at one of my customers in Broken Bow, Oklahoma. He grew up north of Garden City, Kansas.

He and I got to talking and he relayed to me the first years living in Broken Bow he just didn’t feel right. He finally figured out he had claustrophobia from all the trees. Not much in the ways of trees north of Garden City.

Met a fellow at a customer’s place in Lubbock, Texas who said he hated trees so much; he had one in his front yard and cut the SOB down. It was blocking his view!

If you have ever been to Lubbock, you would know there isn’t much in the way of trees anyhow.
I think there is truth to that. I spent grades K-6 in the TX panhandle and I've always liked that terrain. Lots of people from 'tree' areas can't understand it.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, you got me working on my business plan to compete with the largest carbon removal plant in the world.

It will remove 500,000 tons per year, so, 1,000,000,000/pounds annually.

According to the internet, a tree can remove 48 lbs/year. So, I'll need about 21,000,000 trees.

Also according to the internet, there are up to 1000 trees per acre in a rainforest. So, we'll need about 21,000 acres of it.

I wasn't able to find the price per acre of rainforest, but how much could it be? I've got to think I could find a crooked south american politician easy enough. $1k an acre maybe? I mean, he get's $21,000,000 and we could get some green publicity to boot. I'll bet the carbon plant guys are spending more than that upfront. And they have more maintenance. The only expense we'll have is some armed guards to keep the d*** farmers and oil companies out.

Who wants in?
This isn’t a bad idea at all. Cool thing too, is we could start it as a nonprofit, and take donations. Pay ourselves a small percentage off the top, pay for advertising, and buy rainforest (equity) with the rest. People would contribute too.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny thing, the want us to eat bugs, crickets, grasshoppers and the like as opposed to cattle. A mass of insects the size of a cow doesn't produce methane or poop? Trees aren't the only thing that converts CO2 into Oxygen, there are other plants and algae in the water and air, kelp and seaweed in lakes and oceans. These people are morons.
I agree, We need to ask how much of this climate change propaganda is real, and how much is used as a scare tactic to control the unwashed masses? ANYTHING that can be used to control others, will be used!! Anyone ever see the sea life fossols in Death Valley, or the huge trees in the Petrified Forest? The climate was oviously changing DRAMATICALLY in our ancient past, and people didn't drive cars much back then, or raise farting cattle commercially, did they? By the way, COWS CAN NOT FART, OR BELCH!! THAT IS WHY THEY WILL DIE FROM BLOATING, IF THE GAS IS NOT RELIEVED BY VENTING THE RUMEN BY MEANS OF AN INCISION, OR BIG HOLLOW NEEDLE! I got a heck of an argument started last week on this subject, lets see what happens here?

Latest posts

Top Bottom