World's Largest Plane flies again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 124 makes frequent visits to TUL and I’ve explored it inside, definitely cavernous. I’ve flown on the C5 and would love to see the 225 someday.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was that the "first" time the Soviet aircraft showed up? If so, I was there too. I remember the giant Antonov, got to go inside. I also remember a twin rotor helicopter that could pull a loop and of course, the Su-27. When the pilot pulled the Cobra, I was certain that thing was gonna crash. When he didn't, I thought "Damn, that thing is scary!".

The Blue Angels showed up too, and didn't exactly suck. One helluva show. IIRC, there was a stunt pilot in a Russian piston bird that was incredible, but he crashed the next day. Is this the same show? I may be getting my years mixed up.
Same show. We were there the day before the crash as well. The Cobra Maneuver was totally impressive. The aircraft could actually shoot behind it with the wing cannons that were fixed to fire forward.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was that the "first" time the Soviet aircraft showed up? If so, I was there too. I remember the giant Antonov, got to go inside. I also remember a twin rotor helicopter that could pull a loop and of course, the Su-27. When the pilot pulled the Cobra, I was certain that thing was gonna crash. When he didn't, I thought "Damn, that thing is scary!".

The Blue Angels showed up too, and didn't exactly suck. One helluva show. IIRC, there was a stunt pilot in a Russian piston bird that was incredible, but he crashed the next day. Is this the same show? I may be getting my years mixed up.

I believe you are right. It was Tom Jones, who was also the director of the air shows at Will Rodgers. I saw the crash. He augured almost straight in.

Woody

Latest posts

Top Bottom