Worm grunting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pics or ....you know

This is one I took last year. The worm would not stay stretched out but you can get the idea of how long he is.

Worm 1.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've made an electric worm caller in the past, it uses 110 volts. I stumbled across it a couple days ago in the garage of the other house. Gonna try it again pretty quick. I might be able to convert it to 12 volt and run off a deep cycle.
Just a simple power invertor would allow you to plug it in and not have to change anything.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is one I took last year. The worm would not stay stretched out but you can get the idea of how long he is.

View attachment 160523

The worms along Red Rock Creek south of Ponca City are that long but they don't catch fish well as they live in the red mud along the creek. Most folks I know put them in manure and peat moss to purge the red mud, and then they make good worms.
I've got a wood lathe and we have night crawlers in our yard, gonna have to turn one and see what happens. From the sound of it, they must be made of hardwood like oak.
I watched a half dozen videos from different users so it appears to work.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The worms along Red Rock Creek south of Ponca City are that long but they don't catch fish well as they live in the red mud along the creek. Most folks I know put them in manure and peat moss to purge the red mud, and then they make good worms.
I've got a wood lathe and we have night crawlers in our yard, gonna have to turn one and see what happens. From the sound of it, they must be made of hardwood like oak.
I watched a half dozen videos from different users so it appears to work.

Luckily not red mud here. Soil is not great but not bad. I agree on it being made from something like oak.

Latest posts

Top Bottom