Worm grunting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw a TV show a while back about a dude who ran a family business doing this. It was 3 of 'em, (him/wife/son) and they all went out to the woods with what looked like two plain ole "spiked" pieces of wood, like a 2x2 they would drive into the ground. There were no fancy ribs or handles or nothing, just the two most basic pieces of wood you'd find in the corner of your scrap pile...and they apparently found enough to supply an entire region with worms using that.

I saw that show too, it was actually pretty interesting.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not into grunting for worms, let’s ELECTRIFY. 12 volt or 110 volts
000F6992-65D7-45B2-BB2E-E5E9AC3EFE34.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bait shop has a fridge on 110v full of red worms and night crawlers. Easy peasy.
Spend 1/2 a day in the tick infested, poison ivy area to save $2 doesn't sound like a great way to save any money.
Wait a minute....I'll have to back off of that. We spend $500 to get 50 lbs of deer meat after buying a $800 rifle/scope combo, $30 in fuel for the boat after spending $20,00.00 to buy the boat to get a couple of fillets, and so on.
I'm beginning to understand why it's called a hobby and not a money saving way to put meat and fish up in the freezer to survive the winter. :pms2:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spend 1/2 a day in the tick infested, poison ivy area to save $2 doesn't sound like a great way to save any money.
Wait a minute....I'll have to back off of that. We spend $500 to get 50 lbs of deer meat after buying a $800 rifle/scope combo, $30 in fuel for the boat after spending $20,00.00 to buy the boat to get a couple of fillets, and so on.
I'm beginning to understand why it's called a hobby and not a money saving way to put meat and fish up in the freezer to survive the winter. :pms2:

I will eat 50# of venison. I am not eating worms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom