Worming deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you Chenry for your kind words. I appreciate your thoughts. My daughter, who is a Vet herself, said that the Ivomec does not have a residual, but just kills what is on the animal at the time of application then takes approx 48 days to leave the meat. My wife and daughter are very pleased with my actions too. One of the Bass Pro Shops managers dropped by to raid my garden for tomatoes, squash and cukes today and stayed for an hour with her husband just watching the deer. She loves coming just to watch the wildlife. I am very blessed.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DS,
I completely get what you're trying to do and think it's an admirable endeavor, but I also get what Sticky is saying and am tending to lean more that direction.

If it were penned deer, I'd be all about worming and vaccinating like I do my cattle, but I can't justify the expense so my neighbors can kill healthier deer..

I have rethought my position on this topic and am now seriously considering feeding either a protein with wormer mixed in or putting out the Safeguard cattle wormer blocks (or both). After talking to a friend who is a vet, I’m willing to give this a year (maybe 2) trial to see if there are any noticeable visual changes in the deer herd.

Ticks appear to be thick here in TX too. I got two today picking dewberries.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I think between me and my daughter we only found one between us, and it was crawling on my arm while turkey hunting on one of 7 hunts. We must smell offensive to ticks lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom