Worming deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Deer Slayer,

do you keep water out for your deer too? I keep two 5-gallon buckets full of water out for the deer, and both buckets are dry in 3 to 4 days at the most. I also put two caps full of clorox bleach in each bucket of water to keep the mosquitos off of and out of it...

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep a water barrel out for the deer year round and exchange the water every 3-4 days. There should e no need to add clorox to the bucket. I have never had issues with skeeters in the barrel because I am changing the water once a week. It is about time to spray Ivomec on my deer feed to combat the ticks. One treatment lasts approx 45 days before it is out of their system. I will treat them twice this summer and quit by August 15th so the Ivomec will be out of their system by October 1.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"However, there is no evidence that supports the belief that added sulfur in the diet controls external parasites such as flies, fleas, ticks, etc. Use of sulfur in this way falls into the category of “wives’ tales and folk medicine”."

Lol, seriously? My wife gave the kids cream of tartar (sulfur) tablets in the summer when they were small and playing outside to keep chiggers and ticks off. It actually works.

Thanks for the reply. :drunk2:

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"However, there is no evidence that supports the belief that added sulfur in the diet controls external parasites such as flies, fleas, ticks, etc. Use of sulfur in this way falls into the category of “wives’ tales and folk medicine”."

Lol, seriously? My wife gave the kids cream of tartar (sulfur) tablets in the summer when they were small and playing outside to keep chiggers and ticks off. It actually works.

Thanks for the reply. :drunk2:
I put one out last summer. The deer did lick on it.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am just now getting around to begin treatment of the deer for ticks with the Ivomec. I put 8 ozs into a spray bottle and spray about an ounce into their feed in the trough. I also pour a good amount of inexpensive maple syrup all over the feed then stir. The syrup overcomes the bitterness of the medication. The funny thing that happened last year when I quit medicating the deer, they seemed pissed that there was no more syrup on their feed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom