Worst day in OSU history?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is the second worst day in the history of the University, by far, but nothing even approaches those two. Hopefully they are never surpassed in their tragedy. We don't need to go thru any more, and I'm not talking about a football game.

I've spoken to dozens of fans, if you were a casual fan, the game might have meant something, if you were a member of the osu family, it meant next to nothing. I know it's hard to fathom for fans of sports teams rather than a University and community, those that couldn't name a single building on the campus of the school whose football team they cheer for, but it's true.

The blathering I've seen here and elsewhere by ou fans and others, really? You guys should be ashamed. I'm serious. It's ridiculous. Put your lives in perspective, show a little respect for those that are grieving. I really wanted to believe we as Oklahomans would be different. Some fans of opposing sports teams have proven me wrong once again. I can't imagine how petty some of your lives must be. I really can't. It embarrasses me that I share a commonality with anyone that would behave that way.

It reminds me of the mocking done by the idiots from Westboro. They have also decided to be a part of this tragedy by showing up at the memorial service in Stillwater. Apparently some of you share more with them than you would like to admit.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Doesnt everyone mean last Thursday was the "worst day" in OSU history? Or am I wrong and the coaches plane crashed on Saturday?

Plus wouldnt the day 10 years ago when a lot more people died be worse? Unless you mean the football game made Saturday the worst :anyone:

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is the second worst day in the history of the University, by far, but nothing even approaches those two. Hopefully they are never surpassed in their tragedy. We don't need to go thru any more, and I'm not talking about a football game.

I've spoken to dozens of fans, if you were a casual fan, the game might have meant something, if you were a member of the osu family, it meant next to nothing. I know it's hard to fathom for fans of sports teams rather than a University and community, those that couldn't name a single building on the campus of the school whose football team they cheer for, but it's true.

The blathering I've seen here and elsewhere by ou fans and others, really? You guys should be ashamed. I'm serious. It's ridiculous. Put your lives in perspective, show a little respect for those that are grieving. I really wanted to believe we as Oklahomans would be different. Some fans of opposing sports teams have proven me wrong once again. I can't imagine how petty some of your lives must be. I really can't. It embarrasses me that I share a commonality with anyone that would behave that way.

It reminds me of the mocking done by the idiots from Westboro. They have also decided to be a part of this tragedy by showing up at the memorial service in Stillwater. Apparently some of you share more with them than you would like to admit.

Bro, are you really that fragile? I have seen NO ONE downplay the tragedy. It sounds like your taking football rivalry and twisting into something different (I mean really, OU fans are now like the Westboro church?)

Anyway, back to the OT, here is a link where Weeden states that the 18th was one of the worst in OSU history:

http://oklahomastate.scout.com/2/1130338.html#.Tsgy5pa7gZM.facebook

dyabolical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Yeah i am going to make a comment. First of all, yes it is a horrible tragedy to lose anyone for any reason. My heart goes out to the family and friends of the OSU coaches.

With that said, i think OSU fans are putting WAY too much stock into other peoples reactions. I bet you would be hard pressed to find 3 players on that football team that even knew the coaches names prior to the accident. As i said, yes it is a very sad event. But stop acting like every person with any connection with OSU had their life come to a screeching halt because someone they probably had no clue even existed was killed.

Who should be ashamed? How about OSU fans rooting against OU after losing one of its actual players? Maybe OSU fans should remember they are not the only ones that have had to deal with tragedy this year. No sooner fan was cheering for the loss of life. OU fans were happy to see OSU lose a GAME, just like OSU was happy to see OU lose a GAME in a season dedicated to a fallen player.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Bro, are you really that fragile? I have seen NO ONE downplay the tragedy. It sounds like your taking football rivalry and twisting into something different (I mean really, OU fans are now like the Westboro church?)

Anyway, back to the OT, here is a link where Weeden states that the 18th was one of the worst in OSU history:

http://oklahomastate.scout.com/2/1130338.html#.Tsgy5pa7gZM.facebook

Yeah i am going to make a comment. First of all, yes it is a horrible tragedy to lose anyone for any reason. My heart goes out to the family and friends of the OSU coaches.

With that said, i think OSU fans are putting WAY too much stock into other peoples reactions. I bet you would be hard pressed to find 3 players on that football team that even knew the coaches names prior to the accident. As i said, yes it is a very sad event. But stop acting like every person with any connection with OSU had their life come to a screeching halt because someone they probably had no clue even existed was killed.

Who should be ashamed? How about OSU fans rooting against OU after losing one of its actual players? Maybe OSU fans should remember they are not the only ones that have had to deal with tragedy this year. No sooner fan was cheering for the loss of life. OU fans were happy to see OSU lose a GAME, just like OSU was happy to see OU lose a GAME in a season dedicated to a fallen player.

Agreed.

Jakeman, Come on dude, that comparison was out of line.

MikesB12

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jakeman's reply is typical of what most of the OSU population has posted/thinks (at least from what I've seen). When Austin Box passed, it was/is a tragedy but the world kept turning and the team continues to play. IMO, it was simply a coincidence. If OSU would have one, they would've dedicated the win to the coaches who passed in the accident. Just my $.02.

Latest posts

Top Bottom