Worst excuse to buy a gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So on the flip side, spousal element and I were shopping around for a new revolver and of course I really liked the Ruger GP100, but did not buy it as I needed to buy a few replacement head of cattle first. I was in the safe a few weeks later and sitting in the revolver rack was a brand spanking new GP100 with a note on the tag.."Knew you would not buy this, happy Thursday". So I asked her why she bought the gun knowing cows were the priority and her response was "It's not like you never wasted money on a gun before, enjoy it". And I have...
My wife bought a $4000 horse. She tried to make up for it by buying me a AK. Unfortunately she bought me a Century RAS-47. She is no longer allowed to buy guns LOL

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been known to buy guns because I had a few holsters that would fit 'em. Recently, though, I went thru the box of orphan holsters and sold a bunch of them. I've also been known to buy rifles because I had scopes laying around unused. So recently I sold a few scopes, too.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've also been known to buy rifles because I had scopes laying around unused.

I'm laughing here,,,
Yesterday I looked seriously at an older Springfield .22 single-shot,,,
Simply for the reason that I have a 4x Weaver scope from about the same vintage that would match it perfectly.

Aarond

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So on the flip side, spousal element and I were shopping around for a new revolver and of course I really liked the Ruger GP100, but did not buy it as I needed to buy a few replacement head of cattle first. I was in the safe a few weeks later and sitting in the revolver rack was a brand spanking new GP100 with a note on the tag.."Knew you would not buy this, happy Thursday". So I asked her why she bought the gun knowing cows were the priority and her response was "It's not like you never wasted money on a gun before, enjoy it". And I have...

:thumbup3:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When Lowers and Uppers went cheap again, the builds are beginning. The folks doing my .243 WSSM barrel in 1:12 are way behind. Over three months now. Nikon Monarch scope, here. Burris rings here. Lower built with Timney trigger.
.224 Valkyrie in the works just because the name sounds so cool which is the worst excuse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom