Would-be thief wasn't built Ford tough

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe not facing criminal charges but civil lawsuits for sure. Sure to hear that the victim was 'turning his life around' and was only removing the catalytic converter to keep it from 'accidentally' falling off and hurting a child 🙄
A buddy was camped with his wife, and two grandkids, in Florida many years ago, two black guys kicked his RV door in, and started in. he shot once, and killed both of them! lined up I guess? This was ruled justifiable, then the law suits started! After several years, his total cost for LAWYERS, and FEES, was over $400,00.00, AND HE WON EVERY CASE??

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe not facing criminal charges but civil lawsuits guaranteed. I'm sure we'll hear that the victim was 'turning his life around' and was only removing the catalytic converter to keep it from 'accidentally' falling off and hurting an innocent child 🙄
Well, it is California after all.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy was camped with his wife, and two grandkids, in Florida many years ago, two black guys kicked his RV door in, and started in. he shot once, and killed both of them! lined up I guess? This was ruled justifiable, then the law suits started! After several years, his total cost for LAWYERS, and FEES, was over $400,00.00, AND HE WON EVERY CASE??
This should never be allowed to happen. If it is rulled you shot in self defense, you should be shielded against any civil suits from the perp and their families and friends etc.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
When civil suit is filed, file a counter-suit for lawyer fees, court cost, your time and inconvenience (at doubled lawyer and court cost. Once to family filing and once to lawyer filing frivolous suit. They tend to disappear.
Most people like me, don't deal with this sort of thing enough to be know how to handle things, or which laywers are good, and which are just future politicians?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This should never be allowed to happen. If it is rulled you shot in self defense, you should be shielded against any civil suits from the perp and their families and friends etc.
That is the law in Ok. If it’s a good shoot, your protected against civil lawsuits.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When civil suit is filed, file a counter-suit for lawyer fees, court cost, your time and inconvenience (at doubled lawyer and court cost. Once to family filing and once to lawyer filing frivolous suit. They tend to disappear.
Depending on location, that is not always always the case. Some attorney's make good livings out of encouraging/defending lawsuits and counter-lawsuits which are seldom tossed by judges that [I suspect] also benefit in some way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom