would like to get into reloading...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SOCOM and I put on a basic class here in Tulsa and were wanting to do another. It's just been so darn hot. When it gets cooler we will probably do another. If your interested keep a lookout here when we see 80 degree days again

66Ford

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
SOCOM and I put on a basic class here in Tulsa and were wanting to do another. It's just been so darn hot. When it gets cooler we will probably do another. If your interested keep a lookout here when we see 80 degree days again

I was lucky enough to attend the first class you put on and really got alot out of it. I read the books and looked online prior to the class but seeing it first hand, with good direction, was so much more helpful!! Thanks again for offering the class!!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at turret presses before you commit to a purchase. These (I like the Lyman T-Mag II) provide the simplicity/quality control of a single stage press, but eliminate having to change dies for each operation.

They are particularly useful for loading small quantities when working up loads, and extra turrets, once dies are adjusted, make changing calibers really fast. My turrets hold two pistol calibers, and three rifle calibers unless I use a separate crimping die. CB

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been doing the reloading thing for about 40 years now, and held a manufacturers license for several years. I got out of the manufacturing business due to the cost of product liability insurance. The very best manual out there for a beginner is Modern Reloading by Richard Lee. I own about 15 different manuals and it is the best of them all in my opinion. A good quality scale is the most important tool you will depend on. You can get by with a lot of inferior tools without hurting yourself, but a scale is not one of them. Follow the recipe given in the load data and you will make quality ammo with little effort. I still use several single stage presses along with my Dillon RL-550B. Each has its purpose, but you will learn more using a single stage press as you start out. Good luck and welcome to reloading.. Blitzfike

Latest posts

Top Bottom