Would you EDC a Taurus?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely. I would, and do.
A Taurus M-431 in 44 Spl

upload_2021-6-24_17-9-21.png

Not a pic of mine, took it off the web.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheaper firearms can vary greatly between individual units. It's not usually a design flaw so much as a QC issue. I've found machine shavings in the firing pin tunnel of two different brand handguns, one new and one used. Neither was a Hi-Point, but two of those had loose plastic bits in the works.

If you're carrying on the cheap, it's well worth your time to disassemble, clean, inspect, and lightly oil the weapon, making sure all parts work smoothly together.

Having said that... I'd carry a flintlock if it was all I could afford.
:drunk2:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned a 66 for many, many years and would have no fear of carrying it. It was made on S&W machinery and the only time I have had trouble with it is when the wife claimed it and let it sit for years. The cylinder got stiff to swing out. A good cleaning solved that. I even dug out my old X15 in case I decide to carry it someday.

Tarus 66.jpg

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve owned a Taurus .357 mid size.

it never had a problem eating .38 or +P’s. Every single time I fired a .357 mag in it it would spit the bit and I’d have to take it apart and reposition the spring. It would lock up tighter than Dick’s hatband.

So, I concur, if it was all I could afford and the only option I had I would. Having any other option I wouldn't.

If ya gotta carry one and it’s all ya got, tally Ho. Don’t leave home without it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom