Would you EDC a Taurus?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember when Kia and Hyundai (as well as Yugo), were the bottom dwellers concerning reliability. Look at 'em now --- both are very near the top of the ratings.

Remember all the crappy old Gold Star electronics? Guess what. That same company is now known as LG. Just goes to show that perceived quality can change upward just as it can go down.

Our Kia Sorento has been rock solid at 112,000 miles, and my Taurus Judge has never failed me although I won’t use it for a carry gun.
Tractor gun? YES!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Taurus PT1911 in 45 acp it does not like semi wad cutters.
In fact many 1911's do not feed those reliably.
Feed ramp on the 1911 type firearm is too steep and makes the bullet nose go up and hit the top of the chamber and this will
sometimes kilter the round enough to hang up when going into battery.
I have had them hang on the edge of the bullet and on the mouth of the case.

Round nose bullet and roll the flare out of the case or add a tiny tiny amount of crimp.
Much more reliable feeding.

There were robbers casing the neighbors house, I ran them off and had the Taurus PT1911 in my hands and I was a bit worried
because I had a mix of bullets in it and was thinking what if I get a fail to feed when they begin shooting at me ...If they do shoot at me.

If any gun ever has a fail to feed or fail to fire I am leery of it.

Use ammo that is 100% reliable in the weapon.

And on the Hi-Point deal All 3 of mine are 100% reliable with SWC and round nose and HP bullets no need to add a crimp either.
Feed ramp is not steep and bullet enters chamber in more of a straight line.
I wish the 1911 entered the chamber in a straight line.

Yes I was wishing I pulled the Hi-Point off the shelf when I ran the robbers off.
I do not EDC

Latest posts

Top Bottom