Would you EDC a Taurus?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My G2 is as reliable as my other poly 9s, but it has a terrible trigger that I won't change for legal reasons. Would EDC with no hesitation.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a ported stainless 608 that always went bang (a little large and heavy for ccw) and a stainless 905. It always went bang too but had a horrible trigger.

I’d carry one, would prefer to have fewer nicer guns though. I traded that 608 for a 92fs, then traded that for I don’t even remember. I do wish I had that 608 back. I don’t miss the 905 at all.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used to want a Taurus SHO back in the day. Things were cool. V6, four door. They'd scoot.

My first couple of Company cars were Taurus V6's. There weren't SHO, but GD, they would run. Then they put us in 4 cy Malibu's and finally got back around to the Fusion. They aren't terrible cars, but they are pretty basic. Now when I totaled the last Fusion and they put me in a loaded Fusion rental, SOAB, that was a nice little car. 6 cy, all the bells & whistles. It reminded me of those Taurus' from years ago, just not as long. I'm retiring soon and I'll need a little sedan to compliment my F-250. I may see if I can buy one of those V6 Fusions from a rental place.

But yeah, the regular V6 Taurus ran like a stripped *** ape. I can't imagine what the SHO would do.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, since this thread is going down the tubes (highjack-wise) anyway... :D

The absolute worst vehicle we ever owned was a used '95 Taurus wagon with a V-6. I always liked the looks of 'em, and we really liked a station wagon.

It was cool weather when we got it, and the heater wouldn't even get warm on the way home. I replaced the thermostat with a factory temp-rated one. The heater would barely get warm, and that's the best it ever did.

The guy showed me a receipt where he'd just had the AC repaired. I found out why, after putting two more AC compressors on it myself. After the last one, I left it cooling good on the highway, but barely cooling at idle. And yes, I replaced the low pressure side cycle switch.

It drove pretty good until it rained. Every time we'd hit a puddle, it would dart one way or the other. A LOT. I ground off the factory welds holding the struts aligned, and re-aligned the camber (with a level) and set the toe-in. It drove great after that, but I was getting kinda tired of dealing with it by then.

And then the final straw... it blew a headgasket (after I'd replaced all the belts and hoses). So I sold it for $300 as it was.

Apparently we got a lemon, because I'd heard other folks say what great cars they were.

Or maybe they were just trying to sell theirs... :D
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom