Would you have called it in?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took kids to school, went to Lowes. On my way home I passed under the I35 overpass on NE 5th street, Central Middle School and another school sit right there. When I went under the overpass, an older guy, almost looked like a panhandler, was hanging out under the overpass. Wouldnt think anything of it, but its recess time, too early to be picking up or dropping off kids for kindergarten, and he had toys, like dolls or action figures hanging out of the bag. Kind of creeped me out, called it in, said they would have someone swing by. Am I just being a good citizen/OSA'r, or paranoid?

the tR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took kids to school, went to Lowes. On my way home I passed under the I35 overpass on NE 5th street, Central Middle School and another school sit right there. When I went under the overpass, an older guy, almost looked like a panhandler, was hanging out under the overpass. Wouldnt think anything of it, but its recess time, too early to be picking up or dropping off kids for kindergarten, and he had toys, like dolls or action figures hanging out of the bag. Kind of creeped me out, called it in, said they would have someone swing by. Am I just being a good citizen/OSA'r, or paranoid?

if it looked hinkey then you did the right thing.........i would have......

Tulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would think a dead(or was he squirming still?) body hanging from the overpass is a good reason to call authorities. :wink2:

Seriously though, yeah, since he had toys close to school, why not.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one elementary age son and I think you did the right thing.

Maybe he was just old and senile, but I'd rather have the PD make an investigation than read about someone's child getting snatched.

bitterdaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most definitely. You should never feel poorly about informing the police of suspicious activity or questionable characters. Good to know folks are keeping their eyes open.

Latest posts

Top Bottom