Wow pension I wasn't aware of

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just found out I have a pension coming from a corporation I was working for in a previous life. Not a large sum, $407.00 a month but not chicken feed either, not only that I should have been drawing it since 2015 and it's retroactive, that first check will be a whopper. Still flabbergasted over this whole thing, had no idea, pretty much free money other than taxes to buy more toys with.

They tracked me down as I had moved and changed phone numbers a couple times. Received a letter asking me to confirm if I was me, after jumping through a few identity hoops they gave me the news... Wow, just Wow...

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice. A couple months ago after my wife passed I went to one of those sites that searches for possibly lost money. I know there is some a great uncle and his wife were eligible for but I have no way to claim it and if I remember right it showed to be a small amount. However I searched in my wife's name and came across something in Maryland where she lived for a while before moving out this way. When she was first diagnosed with Neurosarcoidosis and not being a citizen she was under the impression that if she didn't pay the bills right away she could be deported so the condo she was buying was sold to one of those we will buy anything places at a pretty big discount. It seems she was due about another 1500 as in the search I found something in Maryland in her name. Sent in the forms with birth marriage and death certificates and I got a couple checks in the mail. It helped make things a little easier and I was able to fix and do some stuff I wanted.

We had already had to cash out her 401K when she was unable to work to help get by until some other stuff kicked in. But would have been nice to find it before she passed...

deerstalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh boy enjoy,,,,, til April 15th 2020. that's when your going to wish i kept out MORE taxes. in the mean time have fun with your new toys..

Latest posts

Top Bottom