Wow so this **** happened!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@C_Hallbert llbert I was waiting to read Grasshopper, Cricket , Moth and Ladybug.
Yea a Ladybug.

My son's girlfriends dog ran across his yard into mine and jumped in the air and went for my throat.
This was a bit over 5 weeks ago I blocked it and kicked the dog as hard as I could in the ribs.

It took off and I was screaming profanities and how I was going to kill it.
I was not in it's territory and they claim it is for her anxiety.

Well your dog attacks me 1 more time I will end it and you can F off.
Son told my wife he does not want to speak to me ever.

Not my problem.
:)

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't help any that a lot of these "general stores" are putting in free dog washes towards the back of their stores. Seems to me it sets them up for a bunch of liability suits...
The ones I always hate are the people that leave their aggressive dogs in the car parking lot with the windows down enough for the dog to stick its head out while you're getting out of your car or walking in between cars to get to store front.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for your bite. That‘s terrible. Can I recommend that you take prophylactic antibiotics for 5 days. Bite wounds are extremely dirty, depositing bacteria deeply under the skin surface. ( Assuming you received deep punctures ). Innocent looking wounds up top on the skin , that scab over , sealing in the deposited germs.
Many MDs will prescribe antibiotics over the phone for you ,for bites , If you have a relationship with your doc. They know how infective they can be.
You can wash the skin surface , but can’t clean under the skin.
At least keep an eye on it, for localized inflammation in the meantime. Best of luck.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah you did a grown up thing. I hate when your only choices are that or a ride in a patrol car
So true, I’ve been in a couple situations that leave you with two choices. That’s what pisses me off more than the original problem.
You did the right thing OP.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of them are just BS "look at me, I'm wallowing in my weakness!" statement animals, but sometimes you can't tell by looking that the person does actually need the service animal. F'rinstance, years ago, we had an apparently normal student who had a service dog. You couldn't tell by looking at her, but she suffered from seizures; IIRC, the dog could pick up on them before they turned into a grand mal event, so when the dog hit, she could do something to protect herself beforehand.
Most people register their dogs as service to be able to fly with them or whatever… I know several who abuse this and have tried to talk me into it. Just fill out a form.. 🤷‍♂️

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most people register their dogs as service to be able to fly with them or whatever… I know several who abuse this and have tried to talk me into it. Just fill out a form.. 🤷‍♂️

I've been told that by SEVERAL people -- for one, my pride would not let me do that since I RARELY need Nero to help me balance or steady myself anymore and two, I feel like 80%-90% of the people out there are running a disgusting scam which only makes it harder for those who really DO need the assistance of a specially trained animal to have a shot at a more normal life.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Service animals are defined as dogs that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or performing other duties. Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person’s disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.

This definition does not affect or limit the broader definition of “assistance animal” under the Fair Housing Act or the broader definition of “service animal” under the Air Carrier Access Act.

Some State and local laws also define service animal more broadly than the ADA does. Information about such laws can be obtained from the relevant State attorney general’s office.

https://www.ada.gov/service_animals_2010.htm
Anything other than a dog does NOT qualify.

psimp

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been told that by SEVERAL people -- for one, my pride would not let me do that since I RARELY need Nero to help me balance or steady myself anymore and two, I feel like 80%-90% of the people out there are running a disgusting scam which only makes it harder for those who really DO need the assistance of a specially trained animal to have a shot at a more normal life.
Totally agree with you 👍

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need to make a confession.

The wife and I were coming back from a camping trip and we wanted to stop at Wallwold for just a couple of things on the way home. We live in BFE so I didn't want to go home and come all the way back (about 40 miles round trip.). We had the dog and didn't want to leave her in the car even for the short time. When we have her on a leash we use a military-type molly vest with a bunch of patches which honestly looks service dog-like. So we went in with me wearing dark sunglasses with her. I knew it was wrong but I felt that leaving her in the car even for a few minutes would have felt even more wrong.

The people that piss me off the most are the ones that have a purse dog, you know it's not a service animal (99%) of the time.

I also agree with the fact that an animal is an animal and at any time it can lash out and bite even when unprovoked. Just ask Siegfried & Roy. I had a pet rabbit that bit my thumb through the nail down to the bone, but I wasn't mad at it, it was actually my fault. Animals are animals. (Sometimes this includes humans)

So as the saying goes...Stuff happens. But I think animal owners need to be more proactive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom