Wreck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry about your truck, not sorry you were not under it. You were so lucky. Years ago I was under the hood of my car when a guy ran into it. I was standing on the front bumper when he hit so it tossed me into the engine compartment. I was skint up a little but I admit it scared the hell out of me.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the way to work the other day a crew cab ford 250-350 and enclosed cargo trailer were both upside down in the I 40 medium. I'd venture to say it was a bad day for that contractor. Texting and driving mishaps are not prejudice on who. Of course he may also have been putting on make up which is another major no no.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ehh, that’ll buff right out.

Seriously, though, I don’t know if that’ll be enough to total it. The frames on these trucks are pretty stout, being fully boxed, so it could just be a matter of replacing the axle, suspension parts, and bed. It wouldn’t be cheap, but if they didn’t mash a crumple zone, it can most likely be fixed—and the way trucks have been holding their prices, it might actually not cost enough to total the truck.

Just flat you weren’t hurt!

BTW, if they do fix it, I’d bet that it’s the infamous Fuse 27 problem. There’s a fuse relocation kit from Ford that runs under $20 and takes about 30 minutes to install (assuming you can run a soldering iron).

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So yesterday I left work and got out about 10 yards out of my shop yard and my truck lost power and the low oil pressure message popped up. I have a 2014 F150 FX4 with the 5.0 engine. I was able to pull over and turned the truck off. I tried to restart it and it would just turn over but would never start up. After trying a few times my battery went dead. So my wife came and I tried to jump my truck but it kept going dead so I went to get a battery. When I came back somebody had hit my truck! They were about 100 yards in front of mine and their truck was tore up. Both had to be towed out. I never talked to the people but the police did. I got the case number and called my insurance. It just sickens me. I loved my truck. But this is the way my luck is. I am just thankful I wasn’t up under the hood.
I'm glad you were gone and not standing around your truck....it could have been a lot worse.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ehh, that’ll buff right out.

Seriously, though, I don’t know if that’ll be enough to total it. The frames on these trucks are pretty stout, being fully boxed, so it could just be a matter of replacing the axle, suspension parts, and bed. It wouldn’t be cheap, but if they didn’t mash a crumple zone, it can most likely be fixed—and the way trucks have been holding their prices, it might actually not cost enough to total the truck.

Just flat you weren’t hurt!

BTW, if they do fix it, I’d bet that it’s the infamous Fuse 27 problem. There’s a fuse relocation kit from Ford that runs under $20 and takes about 30 minutes to install (assuming you can run a soldering iron).

Someone told me that repair shops are having a very hard time finding replacement parts and the insurance company will total a vehicle because of the extra costs and time to repair what may not have been totaled in the past.

Latest posts

Top Bottom