Wreck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
GEICO, that will be your issue and most likely your adversary.

I worked for the .gov for a long and signed on to GEICO at the start. I kicked them to the curb 2004 when they refused to pay a homeowners claim. It was a valid claim according to the adjuster. They are not your friend at all.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And just what do you think a "lien interest" is? I've heard of mechanics having a lien on a vehicle and being allowed to confiscate the vehicle.

In both cases the lien is for an amount owed to the lien holder. The bank can repossess if the loan contact is broken. In the case of a mechanic it's the contract to pay for the parts and services that has been broken.

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The insurance company "owes" you whatever you can negotiate out of them up to the limits on the policy; beyond that, you'll have to sue the driver. F'rinstance, if the driver was only carrying $25K in liability, even if you can convince the insurance company that your truck is worth $30K, you're still only going to get $25K out of them because that's the limit of their liability; you'd have to sue the driver to recover the rest.

If you have Uninsured Motorist insurance, you can also use this as under insured motorist protection to make up any shortfall.

Good luck!

DaveinOKC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uninsured coverage is medical only. It does not cover property. At least that’s what I remember.
Oklahoma has been UM for medical only unless something has been changed in the 20 years since I had been an adjuster. Many other states like Texas had UM for both medical and property if you chose to pay for the coverage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom