• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

WTB 45-70 Ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Looking for factory 45-70 ammo, just for target shooting so nothing specific. Can buy outright or trade for guns/other ammo, just let me know what you are looking for.

Checked ammoseek and hardly anything is available regardless of price, basically just a couple types from different shippers and the shipping on top of the cost per round makes it crazy.

stanley ferguson

Marksman
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for factory 45-70 ammo, just for target shooting so nothing specific. Can buy outright or trade for guns/other ammo, just let me know what you are looking for.

Checked ammoseek and hardly anything is available regardless of price, basically just a couple types from different shippers and the shipping on top of the cost per round makes it crazy.
call R&M GUNS in Minco OK. 405 568 2236 They usually have some in stock, and most of what I saw was a lot of it., he trades for guns too

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
188   0   0
I’m set up to load for it but I needed enough brass to get started. Figured I might as well buy loaded ammo if I can find it. Believe it or not, I found my 5 boxes over a period of a couple months at Walmarts. I stop in during regular errands and have been pleasantly surprised a few times. The price as gone from $34ish to almost $50 after tax though.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I’m set up to load for it but I needed enough brass to get started. Figured I might as well buy loaded ammo if I can find it. Believe it or not, I found my 5 boxes over a period of a couple months at Walmarts. I stop in during regular errands and have been pleasantly surprised a few times. The price as gone from $34ish to almost $50 after tax though.
Ya I just paid 2.48 a round shipped for this stuff, picked up 80 rounds. They are brass solids and not exactly what I was looking for but I have 80 rounds of factory and 80 new starline brass cases for reloading.

Just got my RCBS dies in today. Definitely will make my money back much faster than I do with the other rounds I load.
657CD228-FA06-447C-9353-D7D41D67AA9B.png

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
188   0   0
This actually my wife’s gun. She saw it in Jurassic World and said she wanted one. 45-70 is a little much for her, so I loaded 14gr of Unique. That’s a fun plinking round.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Are you still looking for 45.70? I can dig through the ammo cans and see how much I have. Might have a few boxes of factory ammo I would sell.

I hand load for the 45/70, I prefer my hand load varieties over anything factory.

Revolvers4Life

S&W Collector
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Are you still looking for 45.70? I can dig through the ammo cans and see how much I have. Might have a few boxes of factory ammo I would sell.

I hand load for the 45/70, I prefer my hand load varieties over anything factory.
Appreciate it, I bought some boxes online, but if you are looking to sell it anyways I’m interested let me know what you have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom