• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

WTB Colt blue steel 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Only a Colt. Any size, any caliber. Old school blue steel, not black, not matte, not parkerized, etc,etc. Just seeking a shooter in good condition or better. No commemoratives, no collectibles, etc. I've located a couple new ones for 900.00 so obviously if you get too close to that neighborhood I'll just buy a new one! Anyway Happy New Year and thanks for looking. FTF only, cash only. Msg me your number and I'll text you asap, thanks again.

Last edited:

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Only a Colt. Any size, any caliber. Old school blue steel, not black, not matte, not parkerized, etc,etc. Just seeking a shooter in good condition or better. No commemoratives, no collectibles, etc. I've located a couple new ones for 900.00 so obviously if you get too close to that neighborhood I'll just buy a new one. I'm not trying to be a horses ass, it's just that plenty of ads ask far over retail and they stay on here for months if not years. If I'm selling I will leave a gun up a max of a few weeks and then if no takers it goes back in the safe. I've been a member a little over a year and some guns (you know who you are) are STILL for sale. Here's a good rule of thumb, only buy guns you don't mind keeping! Anyway Happy New Year and thanks for looking. FTF only, cash only. Msg me your number and I'll text you asap, thanks again.
If you find one at $900, take it. I doubt you'll find one here. Their price only goes up with age, not down.

Oh, and good on the shameless price-bashing plug, lol

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you find one at $900, take it. I doubt you'll find one here. Their price only goes up with age, not down.

Oh, and good on the shameless price-bashing plug, lol
I try to refrain from commenting because it's a wasted effort. That's why I tried to specify no museum pieces. It's the same with S&W's, everyone seems to think their all handmade vintage Pythons! There's a gun auction site, not GB, that has page after page of S&W's with ZERO bids. I'm an old fart that's learned all life's lessons the hard way and here's a good one: "Asking and getting are two different things." I will in all probability buy a new one, I just thought I'd post a WTB and on the off chance someone might be grounded in reality...

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
92   0   0
Buying a new Colt 1911 will be your cheapest route. A used one will be the same or more, usually more because the time and effort to find a replacement costs more.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Buying a new Colt 1911 will be your cheapest route. A used one will be the same or more, usually more because the time and effort to find a replacement costs more.
I'm retired, the hunt is my hobby, I have others already I've found, it takes time and patience but I'm too old to play video games, so I hunt for quality firearms at reasonable prices, not easy but rewarding.

Latest posts

Top Bottom