WTF is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems to me like I recall that phrase originating with the Spencer rifle, but I had only been around a few years then and my memory might be a little faulty.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Henry or Spencer?

From what I could find, the Henry rifle was the “load on Sunday, shoot all week” rifle, and the Spencer was what the Confederates called the “Horizontal Shot Tower.”

ETA: Henry or Spencer, they were both introduced in 1860, so it could apply to either, and they both predate the 1873 by 13 years.

Last edited:

gemihur

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
There were alot of misgivings to the lines of the contender at it's introduction.
I've come to admire it's gothic design and it's versatile application.
Maybe this 'ugly duckling' will turn into a swan 🕊

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There were alot of misgivings to the lines of the contender at it's introduction.
I've come to admire it's gothic design and it's versatile application.
Maybe this 'ugly duckling' will turn into a swan 🕊
Are you in sales or marketing? That’s some impressive spin.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really, the only feature that I don't care for is the extended mag. It ruins the lines of the rifle.

I suppose they had to do it because of the ammo. 9mm is taper crimped, and stacking them in a tube mag may cause the bullets to collapse in the case.

Other than that, the insane price and proprietary mags, I think it's pretty cool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom