WTF is up with Glock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I find most of the painted Glocks somewhat ugly/idiotic. That said i would like a Glock model 40 with the nintendo blaster paint job.
I’m a stalwart aficionado of 1911s and steel framed Sig Sauers, but the G19 and G23 are esthetically perfect examples of stoker fired weapons…..in my opinion, that is. I used to wade and swim while fishing rivers and creeks with my first G19, and it never suffered from exposure to water. I’d field strip, blow out the crevices and leave it in the sunlight to dry when I finished fishing. Factory Glocks are in sorry need of firing group upgrade when you take them out of the box to reduce travel of reset and trigger pull. I know many gun owners are reluctant to modify weapons kept for self defense, but my wrists and fingers are so dysfunctional and distorted by rheumatoid.disease that I can’t operate unmodified handguns effectively. I’d rather take my chances with a jury then give up a serious advantage during an attack by a deadly adversary.

red442joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m a stalwart aficionado of 1911s and steel framed Sig Sauers, but the G19 and G23 are esthetically perfect examples of stoker fired weapons…..in my opinion, that is. I used to wade and swim while fishing rivers and creeks with my first G19, and it never suffered from exposure to water. I’d field strip, blow out the crevices and leave it in the sunlight to dry when I finished fishing. Factory Glocks are in sorry need of firing group upgrade when you take them out of the box to reduce travel of reset and trigger pull. I know many gun owners are reluctant to modify weapons kept for self defense, but my wrists and fingers are so dysfunctional and distorted by rheumatoid.disease that I can’t operate unmodified handguns effectively. I’d rather take my chances with a jury then give up a serious advantage during an attack by a deadly adversary.
Glockstore, Glockmeister, MCarbo....hmmm, I think a couple others....
There is NO FECKIN REASON to have a Glock with a crappy trigger. None, none AT ALL!
And all the pinheads that whine about "muh aftermarket mods.....gonna go to jail for life....oooh death-and-destruction, Massage Aboobie will hate you...." FEH!
I Just recently used all Glock parts to take a G40 from 7 3/4 lbs to 4 1/2 lbs, and two G43's from 7 1/2 to 4 1/4, all clean, crisp, and consistant. Recoil springs are availabe, from GLOCK, to greatly ease hand cycling. Targets improved tremendously!
I am not a FanBoi....I hate Glocks, I only own six...or eight...
But, there is no denying they can work well, if kinda homely.

Joe

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glockstore, Glockmeister, MCarbo....hmmm, I think a couple others....
There is NO FECKIN REASON to have a Glock with a crappy trigger. None, none AT ALL!
And all the pinheads that whine about "muh aftermarket mods.....gonna go to jail for life....oooh death-and-destruction, Massage Aboobie will hate you...." FEH!
I Just recently used all Glock parts to take a G40 from 7 3/4 lbs to 4 1/2 lbs, and two G43's from 7 1/2 to 4 1/4, all clean, crisp, and consistant. Recoil springs are availabe, from GLOCK, to greatly ease hand cycling. Targets improved tremendously!
I am not a FanBoi....I hate Glocks, I only own six...or eight...
But, there is no denying they can work well, if kinda homely.

Joe

I love my Glocks. Especially my 34. I can't miss with that thing. It's a stunningly accurate gun. Shoots much better than I do.

And not a single, solitary one of them has the original trigger in it. THOSE things are an abomination.

Back in the day, I actually preferred the grip and can't of the XD. And the esthetics. In fact, I carried one on my hip at work all day, every day and was working on getting my set up together to shoot matches with it.

But I, like many others, had a serious problem with my brand spanking new gun rusting. And not just a little bit. And even dunking your gun in a bucket of gun oil didn't stop it from happening.

Well ... S/A had a rep at H&H's summer blow-out thing and I decided to have a talk with him. (You have to remember that back then the only women I ever saw at the range were as they were dropping their husbands (or bf) off to shoot on their way to the mall.) And also remember, I was WORKING at H&H. Had on the company polo shirt, and was wearing my gun holstered on my hip (WAY before open and/or constitutional carry). Except for the ladies in the back office I was the only woman working there at the time. IIRC. I might have just hired a young female vet -- I can't remember exactly when she came on -- damned Old Timer's.

Anyway, I didn't even get the question about rusting (I already knew it was a systemic problem. I WORKED AT A GUN STORE/RANGE. 🙄🙄) before he started with the insults.

"Where is your husband? I can explain this to him better?" 🤨🤨🤨 Really? Have you actually met my husband? He didn't do very good in chemistry so I'm not sure he even knows how rust happens, but ok ... 😒😒😒

Yes, he said that to me. And yes, that is what I said back to him. Because I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed sometimes and I actually thought he was just kidding around with me.

"Do you clean your gun? You DO know guns have to be cleaned, right?" 🤨🤨🤨 Yeah ... That's why I have a stain from the bottle of Hoppe's getting spilled. Not to mention the smell, even after 10 washings, is UNMISTAKABLE. OH, silly me! YOU thought that was bacon grease from making my husband's sammich, right? 😒😒😒

Again, honest to goodness, that's how the conversation is going. 🤷🤷

My gosh, girl ... **

**yes, this 20-something-year-old young man called a 40-something-year-old woman a "girl" 😐😐😐

...you aren't supposed to take your gun in the bathroom while you shower." 😒😒😒

I'm just about to take you into the bathroom and show you what the inside of a toilet bowl looks like up close and personal if you don't stop insulting my intelligence, you little ****. 🤬🤬🤬 Let me find A MAN FOR YOU TO TALK TO. WILL MILES HALL BE A SUITABLE STAND IN FOR MY HUSBAND??? 🤬🤬🤬

Him: 😬😶😶

I did him one better. I went to the gun counter, got my gun bag from behind the counter, took my belt off, slid the holster with the XD in it off my belt and put my holster with my 34 on it and put it back in and let him watch me work my WHOLE shift with that 34 on my hip. And I recommended a Glock to every single person who asked. Loudly. That lousy piece of **** (the Springfield rep, not my 34).

Guess what happened the next day when I went in to work?? 🤷 Guess ...

The gunsmith came over to the range and said "Hey! The Springfield rep said if you'll give me your XD I'll send it back to the factory so they can take a look at it. What did you say to that poor man?? He was white as a sheet and said something about witches ..." 😉🤣🤣🤣 (He already knew. EVERYBODY at the store ALREADY knew! LoneWolf'49 (RIP, my friend 😢) had spilled the beans -- hell he probably had Chris on the phone from the range to the gunsmith shop giving him the blow by blow while it was happening! 🤣🤣🤣

I got a "new" gun back several weeks later with a completely different finish on it. Much thicker, much more uniform. Felt and looked MUCH better. But by then the damage was done. I'd been practicing every evening with my Glock. Now the XD felt weird and I couldn't hit **** with it. Sold it to a range buddy for his wife. She was happy (he was too because she'd been asking for an XD but he'd been putting her off because of the RUSTING ISSUE! 🤣🤣🤣)

Latest posts

Top Bottom