WTF USPS?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long story short. Made the mistake of getting interested in watches. Ordered one of ebay and received a USPS tracking number on tuesday.

Well, three days after it shows as 'shipped', there is still no change from 'pre-shipment'.

Finally, yesterday the package gets scanned in Atlanta as en route. I guess the folks in Texas didn't bother to do their job and scan it when they received it.

Okay, shows at scheduled for delivery monday, which i can live with. Well, i just checked and it somehow went from atlanta to memphis (good!) to mobile alabama (bad!!!!).

Not sure who thought it was going to oxford alabama instead of oxford mississippi (just a guess). Still shows as scheduled monday delivery but i'm guessing that will change. (I guess there is still time to get it back since it's only a few hours away, but i'm guessing they wont hurry themselves along with it).

anyway, just had to vent for a second.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Their tracking system is a joke. I avoid USPS at all cost. I will pay $20 if I have to to avoid them and use FedEx or Ups. (I prefer FedEx) but I like my ups driver out here.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are all about as equally bad here.

Had one UPS driver that was great up until about a year ago. Now it's some random jackwagon who can't be bothered to worry about stuff. Here lately the woman from the USPS has been decent when she drops off..... I think it's because I usually end up opening the door up with my shirt off and bleary eyed with bed head. At that time of the morning she is lucky I find and put on pants.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Once it gets to town it’s very fast in arriving. Since we are relatively small, packages usually go out the same day they are scanned into town. Works very well for the Fedex smart post stuff.

It’s them getting it to town that is the pain in the ass right now. I have something arriving from japan that I ordered a week before this item. It’s now a race to see which gets here first.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Contact the seller. I’ve been given the wrong tracking number before. The contact will also start the documentation process if something really does go the wrong direction with the transaction.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had ordered a Canon camera lens as a gift for a friend and it was shipped UPS. For almost a day and a half or more, it stated that it was in either Salt Lake City and then Provo. (There isn't much distance between those to cities up north.) Then one morning the tracking said it was out for delivery. No reference to being sent from Provo or received at Kanab.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm not really that worried. i just find it funny that they sent it across alabama to Memphis just so they could send it back to alabama...

considering they failed to scan it into the system in texas, i'm hopeful they saw it yesterday and put it on a return truck without scanning it. But who knows.

just was having a 'you had one job' kind of moment

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yep, USPS tracking sucks. They're pretty much all the same as far as delivery times for us, if you average it. But FedEx and UPS tracking is spot on usually, vs USPS is almost always a big delay between what happens and it getting updated on the tracker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom