WTF USPS?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just consider yourself fortunate that you weren't expecting a dog and it ended up in Japan... or worse, dead because some stewardess stuck the dog container in the overhead bin and didn't know a dog was in the container...duh.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just consider yourself fortunate that you weren't expecting a dog and it ended up in Japan... or worse, dead because some stewardess stuck the dog container in the overhead bin and CLAIMED she didn't know a dog was in the container...duh.

FIFY. She knew. Airline later admitted it. Absolutely inexcusable.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm not really that worried. i just find it funny that they sent it across alabama to Memphis just so they could send it back to alabama...

considering they failed to scan it into the system in texas, i'm hopeful they saw it yesterday and put it on a return truck without scanning it. But who knows.

just was having a 'you had one job' kind of moment

When we lived in Ketchikan, Alaska if we sent mail to another address in town that mail was flown to the mail sorting facility in Anchorage and then flown back. 1500 mile round trip to send a letter across town.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As it turned out, my watch from japan made it yesterday. It arrived in NYC on the 17th and was at my door yesterday. The one from texas... not so much.

In fact, their 'tracking' doesn't even claim to know where it is now. Instead it just says 'left facility en route to destination'.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As it turned out, my watch from japan made it yesterday. It arrived in NYC on the 17th and was at my door yesterday. The one from texas... not so much.

In fact, their 'tracking' doesn't even claim to know where it is now. Instead it just says 'left facility en route to destination'.
AFAIK, tracking info is only updated when packages leave or reach a facility (maybe not even then, if they leave in the same truck they arrived in). :anyone:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AFAIK, tracking info is only updated when packages leave or reach a facility (maybe not even then, if they leave in the same truck they arrived in). :anyone:

yeah, it's only when scanned. the funny thing is that this one doesn't seem to get scanned that often. Aside from not showing up until it was atlanta, it seems to have several arrivals with no departures. In fact, the last location is actually said was 'arriving' in mobile, AL. No other departures or anything, just now 'en route to destination' with no place (city, state, facility, etc) mentioned

none of it is surprising and frankly it's getting comical

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody get the USPS informed delivery?
I got an email from them a year or so ago and asked if I wanted to be a beta tester. Its worked perfectly so far except on packages.
I get a picture of every piece of 1st class mail coming to the mailbox every morning. Our mail doesn't get here until late afternoon.

Slim Deal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your government at work! No doubt they spent a fortune on that tracking system and the contractor was a retired postal service administrator.
I could rail on the USPS forever but they are NOT a federal agency anymore. So it is incorrect to say "Your government at work!".

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody get the USPS informed delivery?
I got an email from them a year or so ago and asked if I wanted to be a beta tester. Its worked perfectly so far except on packages.
I get a picture of every piece of 1st class mail coming to the mailbox every morning. Our mail doesn't get here until late afternoon.

Never heard of it! Sounds rather interesting, though!

Latest posts

Top Bottom