WTF USPS?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
yeah, it's only when scanned. the funny thing is that this one doesn't seem to get scanned that often. Aside from not showing up until it was atlanta, it seems to have several arrivals with no departures. In fact, the last location is actually said was 'arriving' in mobile, AL. No other departures or anything, just now 'en route to destination' with no place (city, state, facility, etc) mentioned

none of it is surprising and frankly it's getting comical

What's frustrating is that even when it *is* scanned, it seems to take a long time for the data to be updated. Unlike FedEx & UPS that update immediately from scans.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's frustrating is that even when it *is* scanned, it seems to take a long time for the data to be updated. Unlike FedEx & UPS that update immediately from scans.

agreed. I've got my UPS setup so that i get a notice when something is supposed to be delivered the next day. Often times the email telling me it's been delivered arrives within minutes of it hitting my porch.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
alas, all good sagas must come to an end. But not before they tried one last time to fail.

I saw the driver coming down the road, and like all husbands who are trying to intercept a purchase before the wife sees it, i went out to meet him. He hands me the paper mail and says have a nice day. I ask if he had a package by chance. Nope.

Luckily, he is a pretty good driver otherwise (Once stopped to ask me what i was doing near the neighbor's house when we first moved in. I was putting my dog in their yard to play at their invite. But i appreciated him keeping an eye out when he didn't have to). Anyway, he said he'd circle back over if it got put in the wrong bin and sure enough, about 15 minutes later, he was back with two packages.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
alas, all good sagas must come to an end. But not before they tried one last time to fail.

I saw the driver coming down the road, and like all husbands who are trying to intercept a purchase before the wife sees it, i went out to meet him. He hands me the paper mail and says have a nice day. I ask if he had a package by chance. Nope.

Luckily, he is a pretty good driver otherwise (Once stopped to ask me what i was doing near the neighbor's house when we first moved in. I was putting my dog in their yard to play at their invite. But i appreciated him keeping an eye out when he didn't have to). Anyway, he said he'd circle back over if it got put in the wrong bin and sure enough, about 15 minutes later, he was back with two packages.

Good that he came back but there is no “wrong bin” in his vehicle. He’s the one that loads the packages in it every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent priority mail to Bristow recently. It went from here to Washington and then where it was intended. The ffl mailed the gun with usps. The tracking info said left in mailbox. FFL said it was left in there no signature or anything

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I sent priority mail to Bristow recently. It went from here to Washington and then where it was intended. The ffl mailed the gun with usps. The tracking info said left in mailbox. FFL said it was left in there no signature or anything

PM me the tracking number. Was it specified signature required? The correct way to mail a long gun is by registered mail. That service requires a signature each time it is transferred to a different PO or vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Top Bottom