Wuhan Flu testing question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I do not post much on the Interweb anymore, but I must ask a question that is for locals. Oklahoma is where I need to know about the types of testing for wuhan flu.

My Wife has congestive heart failure, she and my kids are the only things that matter to me. Now my Wife is at the end of her CHF18% EF. But she is also blind due to cataracts. Now she finally has insurance and she can get the eyes worked on. I would do anything so she can see our two grandsons faces.

Here is the problem, Ponca City REQUIRES a wuhan flu test before they will let the people that come from Tulsa to work on her eyes. Due to expected complications 2 weeks apart rather than the normal 1 week. BUT, I will not allow anyone to ram that cotton swab up her nose into her brain. My reason for this is simple. When she took that nasty fall and crushed he nose, along with a cracked cheekbone it messed up something in her nose. She takes a number of meds, one being Eliquis. Due to this as I said, I will not allow anyone to "RAM" that swab into her nose like they are packing powder in a black powder rifle.

So here it is in a nutshell, do they have a different type of test? If the cotton swab ramming is the only option I will need to change her surgery to a different location. The lady (from Tulsa) who set the dates said Ponca City is the only place she deals with that requires the test, she has no idea why. I would guess they may be getting paid by the feds for the test, that is just my guess. Ponca claims they are having a "wuhan outbreak". Oddly when my Wife was in the hospitals, 9 places in total, Ponca was the only one that most of the place was empty. Now that was back in June 2020. I know my way around that place, I had family that worked in Ponca when the Nuns still ran it. Plus I have been to it more than a few times.

If they CAN NOT test in any other way, I will do what it takes to get my Wife to Tulsa. The trip over and back will keep her in bed for most of a week or so, she is not in good shape. BUT she has a follow up appointment the next day, so it is no small thing going to Tulsa. I will do what needs done so she can at least see her Grandsons faces. I know the end is near for her, I hope she can at least enjoy that time. I honestly have no idea how I am supposed to deal with this.....

I appreciate any replies, Thanks, David.

j99tc88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First what I would say is call your primary care Dr, explain it all. I don’t know of other ways but there has to be some. Secondly the cataract surgery, which I’ve had, is awesome, the joy you could provide her is huge. Call and explain it, may have to call an emergency room, they may be able to help you. Sorry I don’t know more, I will try to research it.good luck

T-Dog

DPT 3c 89-93 - Desert Storm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't the swab just the quick test method and if that comes back positive they will pull blood to be 100% sure? So can't she go that route?

Last edited:

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I have had a few Covid tests and they never jabbed the cotton swab into our nose.

Don’t let some of your fellow forum posters convince you that the test is as terrible as they make it out to be, you could also explain your apprehension to the person doing the test and I bet you would get the test complete with less stress.

Shame on whoever put the fear into your heart, I was nervous for the first test after reading some comments on here but figured out real quick it was nothing like described.

Good luck!

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the one where they stick the swab up your nose until it pokes the back of your skull, but the lady who did the swabbing certainly didn't "RAM it up there." I don't know what your wife's sinus problems are, but I have a deviated septum, and the swab didn't particularly bother me. It's not something I'd want to do for fun on a Saturday night in the big town, but it wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

Assuming they require the swab up the nose, I would suggest talking to the person doing the swabbing about your wife's problems. It'd be a pretty hard-hearted person who wouldn't be extra gentle under those circumstances.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Isn't the swab just the quick test method and if that comes back positive they will pull blood to be 100% sure? So can't she go that route?
When I tested positive for the Rona back in '21 (Delta variant, represent!), all they did was the swab, no blood draw. I didn't even have to get out of my truck; they just tickled my brain and sent me on my way, then I got the results the next day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom