WW1 Bolo Knife handle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHANESTAY27

Marksman
Reaction score
I have a WW1 bolo knife that was in a house fire that I need a new handle made for. My father in-law that passed away last year gave it to my son and on July 5 this year my mother in-laws house caught on fire and burned to the ground. I was lucky enough to find the knife in the rubble but the handle is completely gone. I'm not concerned about restoring the value of it as it is a heirloom but I would like to get a handle put back on it for my son. Does anyone here make handles and can help me out?

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very sorry to hear of all the tragedies. My educated guess? I think it’s going to need more than a new handle if you’d like your son to be able to use it ever again. I’m sure the knife lost all its temper in the fire and would need to be quenched and tempered once again for it to be useful. Bill at billdeshivs.com is a talented knife maker and a good guy. I’d reach out to him and see what he has to say. If he cannot help himself I’m sure he’ll get you pointed in the right direction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom