Wyatt Earp and the second amendment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The OK Corral was the premier gunfight in the Old West. Granted the Clantons and McLaurys were not the very best specimens of mankind at the time having been accused of being thieves and rustlers. Along with these men was the lone survivor of the bad guys, Billy Claiborne.

Much has been written and many movies have been created immortalizing the Earps and Doc Holiday who in my opinion was a friend of the Earps, knew he was dying and didn't much care for himself or the opposition, therefore, creating a type of tombstone courage, pun very much intended.

What was your interpretation of the genesis of the famous gunfight?

Was it gun control in its simplest form?

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but... Can't we compare what is happening now to the lawlessness of the old west? Was Earp's solution sound or flawed?

I have to stop my bleeding here by stating my idea of gun control is using two hands on a 44 Magnum.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm… good question. If the Earp’s and Doc wanted my guns today, I suppose it wouldn’t be much different than the O.K. Corral. Now that I’m thinking about it, I’m starting to really dislike Wyatt and Doc. Thanks for ruining one of my favorite modern day western movies with your leftist wing nut question!

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The OK Corral was the premier gunfight in the Old West. Granted the Clantons and McLaurys were not the very best specimens of mankind at the time having been accused of being thieves and rustlers. Along with these men was the lone survivor of the bad guys, Billy Claiborne.

Much has been written and many movies have been created immortalizing the Earps and Doc Holiday who in my opinion was a friend of the Earps, knew he was dying and didn't much care for himself or the opposition, therefore, creating a type of tombstone courage, pun very much intended.

What was your interpretation of the genesis of the famous gunfight?

Was it gun control in its simplest form?

I know I'm gonna get flamed for this but... Can't we compare what is happening now to the lawlessness of the old west? Was Earp's solution sound or flawed?

I have to stop my bleeding here by stating my idea of gun control is using two hands on a 44 Magnum.
Have to agree with the last sentence 👏

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GRIT TV has the old Hugh O'Brian TV Western of Wyatt Earp.

Watching the old shows, I get the feeling of the Earps pushing gun control. Not sure how much is Hollyweird and how much is Earp fact.

The "Gun Free Zone" inside the city limits, does point to an attitude of gun control.

The fight at the OK Corral was a cluster f*** from the gitgo. Both sides were itching for a fight. Clantons and gang were at the corral, not sure if that constitutes in town. Other than being at the corral, they weren't doing anything.

Wyatt was determined to run them out.
Morgan and Doc were going to "end the problem." Had Sheriff Behan had a set and the Judge not supported Wyatt, the outcome could have been very different.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You gotta understand that The Cowboys were a notorious band of outlaws. They didn't ride into towns and build schools or churches, they rode into town, got drunk, gambled and usually robbed folks, or worse. It wasn't that Wyatt, Virgil, Morgan and Doc were trying to disarm them for shits and grins, it just happen to be the law of the town and The Cowboys were renowned outlaws.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
You gotta understand that The Cowboys were a notorious band of outlaws. They didn't ride into towns and build schools or churches, they rode into town, got drunk, gambled and usually robbed folks, or worse. It wasn't that Wyatt, Virgil, Morgan and Doc were trying to disarm them for shits and grins, it just happen to be the law of the town and The Cowboys were renowned outlaws.

Almost as if guns become outlawed then only outlaws will have guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom