Wyoming construction company: Buy a new roof, get a free AR-15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Need not worry about straw purchase,
It is a gift. Perfectly legal as long as the person getting the gun is legally ablw to own one.

Not really any different that winning a gun thru a raffle.
To be honest, I've never totally understood how that is cool either. I may be a bit of a literalist here but the question has never framed itself as "unless this is a gift or giveaway".

Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you. (See Instructions for Question 11.a.) Exception: If you are picking up a repaired firearm(s) for another person, you are not required to answer 11.a. and may proceed to question 11.b.

I mean, it seems pretty clear that when someone with this company goes and buys the guns, they are not intending in any way to keep them. They're not the first business to do this though, so I assume someone has decided it's worth it, but I personally wouldn't want to gamble, especially in the modern climate.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why doesn’t the company make the stipulation that the winner must pass a BC before getting the weapon? I would assume the BC would have to be passed BEFORE roofing work commenced.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To be honest, I've never totally understood how that is cool either. I may be a bit of a literalist here but the question has never framed itself as "unless this is a gift or giveaway".

Are you the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm(s) listed on this form? Warning: You are not the actual buyer if you are acquiring the firearm(s) on behalf of another person. If you are not the actual buyer, the dealer cannot transfer the firearm(s) to you. (See Instructions for Question 11.a.) Exception: If you are picking up a repaired firearm(s) for another person, you are not required to answer 11.a. and may proceed to question 11.b.

I mean, it seems pretty clear that when someone with this company goes and buys the guns, they are not intending in any way to keep them. They're not the first business to do this though, so I assume someone has decided it's worth it, but I personally wouldn't want to gamble, especially in the modern climate.

Sounds like you need some canine target practice for your future career?

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen where raffles or give aways have arranged with a dealer for the person to go in and fill out the 4473 and receive the firearm without having to pay. That is probably the safest way to do something like that.
Sounds like a plan. :thumb:

Could even be a gift certificate for a certain AR (or a certain amount?) only good at a local GS, or perhaps a chain like Atwood's. Recipient just has to fill out the paperwork.
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom