XS Big Dot and similar sights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have yet to shoot a gun with them on it but I would really like to since Im considering putting them on my G42. Peoples eyes are so different its hard to tell what someone will like or not like until they use them. There is a reason the express sights have been standard on safari rifles for longer than any of us have been alive, where if you dont kill the animal in a stressful situation it may very well eat you.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not like 3 dots as well as the 8, "I", or one dot system. Tried the Vickers Battlesight on my Glock 19 but the front blade is very tall and the tritium dot very small. I do prefer the no dot rear sights though. Switched to Ameriglo Pro-IDOT and like them but the large dot is not for target precision.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I consider 15 yards "up close and personal." At 25 they aren't the greatest. I used them on many LE certifications and they worked well. On "paper", not so good.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10-15 yards or so? I can check next time I'm out.
I shoot them alot at USSA trying to keep up with quick target acquisition.

I would. But I don't shoot bullseye either.

There are a bunch of "experts" that push these things hard, so I bought a set for a Novak cut 1911 and they hit 12" to 14" low at 25 yards. That alone soured me on them because this was supposed to not happen as that was the only part number for that gun and sight configuration.

As with anything practice will get you better and they may work for you. I loved the big dot that Ruger installed on the LCR for a time but I do like to be able to take tight shots and my groups with a SA TRP which is a tack driver just weren't there even if the point of impact would have been. I've since never seen one of these "experts" review them that didn't look like a paid endorsement. Perhaps they are just better on snubbie and short barrel guns as I had no issue at all on the snubbie but it didn't have the express style rear blade either.

Only way to tell is to try them. See if you can find a gun to borrow or rent.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would. But I don't shoot bullseye either.

There are a bunch of "experts" that push these things hard, so I bought a set for a Novak cut 1911 and they hit 12" to 14" low at 25 yards. That alone soured me on them because this was supposed to not happen as that was the only part number for that gun and sight configuration.

As with anything practice will get you better and they may work for you. I loved the big dot that Ruger installed on the LCR for a time but I do like to be able to take tight shots and my groups with a SA TRP which is a tack driver just weren't there even if the point of impact would have been. I've since never seen one of these "experts" review them that didn't look like a paid endorsement. Perhaps they are just better on snubbie and short barrel guns as I had no issue at all on the snubbie but it didn't have the express style rear blade either.

Only way to tell is to try them. See if you can find a gun to borrow or rent.

Were you holding center, 6 o'clock or behind the dot?

Latest posts

Top Bottom