Yellen with more insight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s more predictions. First she said we weren’t going to see inflation, then it was transitory, then said she made a mistake by missing the inflation.

Now predicting no recession!?! Yellen is nothing but a political hack!
Well the Q1 retracted and things are getting worse. If Q2 retracts, 2 Qs of retraction is the definition of a recession.

Yellen: Recession Unlikely ... but Don't Look for Relief at the Gas Pump Anytime Soon​

Yellen: Recession Unlikely ... but Don't Look for Relief at the Gas Pump Anytime Soon

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen said on Thursday she did not expect the U.S. economy to tip into a recession, but growth would "absolutely" slow down and gasoline prices were unlikely to fall anytime soon.

"I don't think we're (going to) have a recession. Consumer spending is very strong. Investment spending is solid," she told a New York Times Dealbook event.

"I know people are very upset and rightly so about inflation, but there's nothing to suggest that a ... recession is in the works."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/yellen/2022/06/09/id/1073769/

US Economy Shrinks Unexpectedly, Amplifying Recession Fears​

Headline GDP shrank 1.4%, data by the Bureau of Economic Analysis showed Thursday. Analysts were expecting a 1% increase.​

https://www.coindesk.com/markets/20...inks-unexpectedly-amplifying-recession-fears/
Vs the liberal’s perception:

White House sees strong GDP growth in 2022 despite inflation risks​

PUBLISHED THU, APR 21 20229:26 AM EDTUPDATED THU, APR 21 20223:31 PM EDT
thumbnail

Thomas Franck@TOMWFRANCK
  • The White House sees more risks to U.S. economic activity in the months ahead thanks to rising prices and Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, but still expects healthy GDP growth in 2022.
  • A senior administration official said inflation, caused in part by Moscow’s attack on its neighbor, and supply chain hiccups are additional risks to U.S. GDP growth this year.
  • Biden has blamed Russian President Vladimir Putin for the latest jump in U.S. inflation, which last month hit 8.5%.
  • “I’m doing everything I can to bring down prices and address the Putin Price Hike,” Biden wrote Wednesday.
The people running this country are lying with a straight face!

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just paid 5.30 a gallon. Kinda wish I would have bought a Corolla, Yaris or something like that back when they were cheap.
A buddy of mine owns an automotive machine shop. He said he’s had a lot of work related to old and subcompact cars. People are rebuilding blown engines in cars they essentially were going to throw away a couple years ago. The US turning into Cuba!

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy of mine owns an automotive machine shop. He said he’s had a lot of work related to old and subcompact cars. People are rebuilding blown engines in cars they essentially were going to throw away a couple years ago. The US turning into Cuba!
And that is a far greener philosophy than telling people to go buy millions of brand new electric cars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom